Setup Guide - Sync Android via ADB Mode
ATTENTION: If your device is on Android version 4.2.2 or later, you will see a security message on the device the first time you connect to the computer after following the instructions below. Be sure to say "OK". Click here for more info
CompanionLink offers a remote configuration service where we will set up everything for you called RunStart. CompanionLink also provides direct help from our expert technicians through Premium Support.
Configure CompanionLink 8 on your PC
For ADB mode sync, you must first install the ADB driver. Please use the following link to download and install: ADB Driver installation Guide
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu and click Settings.
- On the left, select your PC or Web Database.
- On the right, select the device you want to sync with as Android.
- In the second box, select your sync method as ADB Mode.
Configure DejaOffice on your Android device
- Open DejaOffice, then tap Setup Wizard and ensure that you select ADB Mode as your sync method.
- During the Wizard, you will be asked to enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android. If you need help, read our Enable USB Debugging Guide.
How to sync
- Connect your Android device to your computer with the USB cable. Make sure it is NOT set to Mass Storage Mode.
- Click the Sync button in CompanionLink.
Database Configuration Guides CompanionLink works with a variety of CRM, PIM, and contact management software. There are specific configuration options in CompanionLink for each of these databases. Please select the database you wish to sync with for specific configuration instructions: