CompanionLink TERMS OF SERVICE
COPYRIGHT. All products created by CompanionLink Software, Inc. (CompanionLink) are owned by CompanionLink Software, Inc. and are protected by United States copyright laws and treaty provisions. By using our software or services you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service.
TRADEMARKS AND PRODUCTS: CompanionLink makes the following products (the Software):
- CompanionLink® - Software to sync from PC/Mac to Web or Mobile
- DejaOffice® - Android App, iOS App, PC App, Cloud App - Contact and Customer Manager
- DejaDesktop® - Calendar Wallpaper for your PC or Mac
- DejaFlow® - Cloud-based Outlook to Google Sync
- CL Duplicate Remover™ - Remove Duplicates for Outlook, Google, DejaOffice and Act!
provides the following online services (the Services)
- DejaCloud® - Online Sync service
- Easy AI Checker™ - Online AI and Plagiarism Checking Service
- HookStat™ - On-Hook/Off-Hook status for web based phones Service
- DejaTranslate® - App and Webpage for Speech and Text Translation Service
- Domain Checker™ - Domain Statics Reporting
and the following technical support options (Support)
- Free Technical Support; - Email and Phone support Support for the Software and Services
- RunStart™ - One-time service to set up a CompanionLink product
- Premium Support™ - Premium Support Service
GRANT OF LICENSE.
- SOFTWARE - PERPETUAL LICENSE: With your license purchase, CompanionLink grants you a perpetual license to install and use the Software the specific number of people that have purchased licenses (i.e. a single license is for one person, and a five-user license is for five people). You may install CompanionLink on up to 3 computers provided that each installation is specifically for the correct number of licensed users.
- SOFTWARE - RECURRING PURCHASE: A recurring purchase entitles you to a license for the recurrence period; ie. a 3-month recurring purchase entitles you to a license for 3-months. When the recurring purchase is canceled or fails, your license ends.
- SOFTWARE - FREE LICENSE: A free license is conveyed with products as designated. This license is only for individual or personal use, and not by any business, LLC, or corporation. Technical Support, email support or any other service provided by CompanionLink Staff members is limited for free products to remain in scope with your purchase price.
- ONLINE SERVICES: For subscription services like DejaCloud and Premium Support, you may use the service for the number of license users that you purchase for the term you purchased. For instance, a single user DejaCloud is for one person’s use. DejaCloud has tiered levels for datbase size and number of devices which roughly correspond to the amount of server load you are using.
- FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT: We strive to provide written guides and videos for many of our products. We encourage you to check for a guide before emailing or calling us. For any paid product, you may email or call for free technical support. Our primary goal with this support
is to show you the appropriate guide to follow, or to escalate a matter if it is not found in the online resources.
- PAID TECHNICAL SUPPORT: CompanionLink offers two tiers of paid service; RunStart and Premium Support. All levels of Support provide a level of service corresponding to the price paid. For example, free support does not call you or log on your machine. Paid support is limited by the number of tickets or sessions that you request.
RIGHT OF REFUSAL. CompanionLink reserves the right to refuse service to any person, or company their sole discretion. CompanionLink values our staff and will only accept civil language in telephone and email communications.
HARASSMENT POLICY. Use of swear words, acronyms that indicate swear words, anger, excessive loudness, or threats in telephone calls, email, or any other medium, whether or not directed towards CompanionLink, to any CompanionLink employee, are grounds to terminate your service. The determination will be made at CompanionLink's ole discretion. If your service is terminated for harassment, CompanionLink will not resume service until you designate a polite adult party for all future communication, including all telephone calls and emails, on your behalf, and re-purchase the license or service.
RESTRICTIONS. You may not make copies of any documentation, web pages, or any written material copyright by CompanionLink without written permission from CompanionLink. You may not decompile or reverse engineer the Software or any component of the Services.
AGE RESTRICTION: To comply with national and international law, CompanionLink will not provide service to persons under the age of 16.
CompanionLink respects your privacy: https://www.companionlink.com/aboutus/privacy.html
EU GPDR: If you are subject to GPDR, in using CompanionLink services, you agree to be the Data Controller and CompanionLink is a Data Processor and to accept our terms as stated: https://www.companionlink.com/aboutus/gpdr.html
RECORDING. All telephone calls at CompanionLink are recorded to ensure the well-being of our staff. The recordings are owned by CompanionLink and may be considered public knowledge for our technical managers, executive staff, counsel and law enforcement authorities upon request. Emails and all written correspondence from and to CompanionLink are kept as business records and may be made available to authorities upon request.
GOVERNING LAW. The laws of the State of Oregon govern these Terms of Service
RIGHTS. CompanionLink retains all rights not expressly granted. Nothing in these Terms, Privacy or GPDR constitutes a waiver of CompanionLink's rights under U.S. Copyright laws or any other Federal or State law.
LIMITED WARRANTY. CompanionLink warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying written materials for a period of 90 days from the purchase date. Any implied warranties on the Software are limited to 90 days. No warranty is offered or implied for free products or services. Some states do not allow limitations on duration of an implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
CUSTOMER REMEDIES. CompanionLink's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be, at CompanionLink's option, either (a) return of the price paid or (b) repair or replacement of the Software. This Limited Warranty is void if failure of the Software has resulted from accident, abuse, or misapplication. Any replacement Software will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES.
COMPANIONLINK DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS.
NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANIONLINK OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT, EVEN IF COMPANIONLINK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES