Configuring Lotus Notes
Configuring Lotus Notes
To configure your PIM in your CompanionLink Setup select Settings under Lotus Notes:
Lotus Notes Login and Data
- 1. In these fields you will specify the file path to your Lotus Notes Executable and the password.
- 2. In these fields you will enter the location of your Mail and Calendar file, the Address File and the Journal\Notebook File.
- You can denote whether the information is installed locally or is located on a server. If you are unsure please reference your Lotus Notes documentation or consult your IT department.
- 3. In this field you can specify whether CompanionLink will sync Required and\or Optional Invitees.
- 4. In this field you can specify whether these invites added to the device will synchronize as an Appointment or a Meeting.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. Address, Calendar, To-do's, Notes)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Notes to Device; Device to Notes; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Notes Data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Notes as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in Notes.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Notes the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Notes or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- 5. Handling Conflicts - This option allows you to set preferences for conflicts. If a record is changed on both Lotus Notes and the device, you can set one to override the other, create a duplicate, or keep the latest change. This option is only relevant an a record has been modified on both Lotus Notes and the device before a sync has taken place.
- Note - By default this option is set as "Notes is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in Notes. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
Finishing your Configuration
Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.