Configuring Lotus Notes
Configuring Lotus Notes
To configure your PIM in your CompanionLink Setup Select Notes Settings:
Once you have selected Notes Settings you will be able to navigate through the following tabs:
1. In this field you will specify the file path to your Lotus Notes Executable.
2. In this field you will enter the password associated with your Lotus Notes.
1. In this field you will enter the location of your Mail and Calendar file.
2. In this field you will enter the location of your Address File.
3. This options allows you to denote whether the information is installed locally or is located on a server. If you are unsure please reference your Lotus Notes documentation or consult your IT department.
1. In this field you can specify whether CompanionLink will sync Required Invitees.
2. In this field you can specify whether CompanionLink will sync Optional Invitees.
3. In this field you can specify whether these invites will synchronize as an Appointment or a Meeting.
1. This option prompts whether or not the Contacts are set to sync. If the box is unchecked Contacts are not set to sync. This option is also available for Calendar, Tasks and Notes.
2. This options prompts which direction information will travel. If you select your PDA to Lotus Notes the information will transfer from your PDA to Lotus Notes, but Lotus Notes information will not sync to the PDA. If you select Lotus Notes to your PDA the information will transfer from Lotus Notes to your PDA, but information from the PDA will not be synced to Lotus Notes. The option to Sync Both Ways will allow the information from your Lotus Notes to be sent to your PDA, and information from your PDA will be sent to Lotus Notes. These options are also available for Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.
3. This option prompts on the next sync for the information on your PDA to be cleared, and the information from Lotus Notes will then be synced to the phone. This option is also available for Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.
- Note: This option can only be used from Lotus Notes to your PDA. Please be aware CompanionLink will not perform a purge on your database.
4. This option allows you to choose the Primary Database. This means if you select Lotus Notes as your primary, if you delete content on your PDA the content would remain in Lotus Notes.
Finishing your Configuration
Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.