For the most up to date information on Google sync click here.
To configure your PIM in your CompanionLink setup select the Google settings icon.
1. In this box please enter your email address. Please include the full email address ending with "@gmail.com"
2. In this box please enter your Gmail password.
- Please note if you use Google's 2-Step verification process you may need to use a different password. For more information about this please visit: Google 2-Step Verification Information
- Note: If you have not yet accessed your Gmail account and created a calendar you will need to do so prior to attempting to configure these settings.
1. If you only want to sync the default calendar you would select this option.
2. Google allows the creation of multiple calendars. If you wish to synchronize the content of all your calendars you would select this option.
3. If you wish to only synchronize specific calendars you would select this option and then choose the corresponding calendar.
4. If you are syncing to multiple calendars you would specify the specific calendar you wish the information to sync to by default here.
5. If you are syncing tasks, this option will sync your tasks with the "Default List" in Google. With this option un-checked, CompanionLink moves tasks to Google Calendar, tasks appear on their due-date.
1. This option prompts whether or not the Contacts are set to sync. If the box is unchecked Contacts are not set to sync. This option is also available for Calendar and Tasks.
2. This options prompts which direction information will travel. If you select your PDA to Google the information will transfer from your PDA to Google, but Google information will not sync to the PDA. If you select Google to your PDA the information will transfer from Google to your PDA, but information from the PDA will not be synced to Google. The option to Sync Both Ways will allow the information from your Google to be sent to your PDA, and information from your PDA will be sent to Google. These options are also available for Calendar and Tasks.
3. This option prompts on the next sync for the information on your PDA to be cleared, and the information from Google will then be synced to the phone. This option is also available for Calendar and Tasks.
- Note: This option can only be used from Google to your PDA. Please be aware CompanionLink will not perform a purge on your database.
- Many devices have a built in sync to Google. You can then configure your Database to sync to Google and allow your device's Google sync to send the information to the phone.
- When syncing tasks to Google the task will appear as an event on your calendar.
4. This option determines how conflicts are handled. In the result of information not matching on both ends of the sync, you can specify any of the following options:
- Latest changes are kept
- Regardless of where you made the last change records will be modified to make both sides match the record modified most recently.
- Google changes are kept
- This allows you to specify the contact manager as the primary, records will be modified to match the contact manager
- PDA changes are kept
- This allows the records to be modified to match what is present on your PDA.
- Create Duplicate Record
- This allows CompanionLink to create a new record with the information
- Note: In CompanionLink 5.0 proxy settings are now under Advanced Settings.
1. If you do not have a Proxy setup or wish to have CompanionLink automatically detect the correct settings you would use these settings.
2. If you wish to manually enter your Proxy Settings you would select this option and enter the appropriate information.
Finishing your Configuration
Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.