Note: CompanionLink Sync with Thunderbird only supports the Windows version of Thunderbird.
Configuring Advanced Settings for Thunderbird
Once you have selected Thunderbird as your database, select Advanced to access the settings tabs below. Note: Advanced settings are preconfigured for optimal settings and do not necessarily need to be altered.
- Personal Category - This option allows you to specify if the personal category should or should not be synchronized. Turn this option OFF, if you do not want to synchronize personal records from Outlook. Any records categorized as "Personal" will not sync. Otherwise, if you want all records from Outlook to sync, leave this option selected.
- Completed Tasks - Turning this option on will synchronize "All" completed Tasks to your device. With the option off, if a task is marked as completed in Outlook, the task will not synchronize.
- Contact Groups - This option allows you to sync Contact Groups from Outlook to the device.
- This option will not appear for syncs with Google.
- Date Range - By default this option is set to 90 days. This means the sync will only synchronize the last 90 days of historical calendar events. You can change the settings to the amount of past days you wish to sync. This option only refers to past days, future events will always sync.
- Attendees - This option allows you to synchronize the attendees list from Outlook meeting invitations.
- This option does not exist for Google syncs.
- Profile - This option allows you to select which Thunderbird Profile to Sync From.
- Address Book - This option allows you to set which Contact Folder you want to sync.
- Calendar - This option allows you to set which Calendar Folder you want to sync.
- Note: You can Set a Default Contact Folder for new records added from the mobile side.
- Note: You can Set a Default Calendar Folder for new records added from the mobile side.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Thunderbird to Device; Device to Thunderbird; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Thunderbird Data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Thunderbird as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in Thunderbird.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Thunderbird the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Thunderbird or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- Note - By default this option is set as "Thunderbird is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in Thunderbird. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
- 5. Reread - These advanced options are typically reserved for troubleshooting and do not need to be changed.
1. Auto Sync:
- Realtime - This option detects changes added to the selected Database and adds them to\from the Device within a few seconds.
- Every "" - This option sets an auto sync at an interval of your choosing.
- Daily "" - This option sets an auto sync for once a day at the selected time.
- Manual - This option allows you to control the CompanionLink sync manually.
2. Language - This option allows you to set CompanionLink to a different language.
- For the language change to take full effect you many need to close and reopen CompanionLink.
3. Sync Time - This option allows you to further specify when the selected auto sync can take place.