Configuring Time & Chaos
Note: Time & Chaos version 10 and Intellect version 10 require CompanionLink 7 or above.
Configuring Chaos Intellect
- Open CompanionLink Setup and click the Settings button on the left.
- Select Time & Chaos in the drop down menu on the "From" (left) side of the screen, then click the settings button underneath it.
- Once you have selected Time & Chaos Settings you will be able to navigate through the Database, Filters and Applications tabs.
- In this field please specify the file path of your database.
- If you wish to sync all content without a filter applied please select this settings.
- If you wish to sync only specific groups please select this option and select the groups you wish to sync.
- This allows you to specify which group/category new contacts from the PDA will be added to.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Time & Chaos to Device; Device to Time & Chaos; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Time & Chaos data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Time & Chaos as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in Time & Chaos.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Time & Chaos the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Time & Chaos or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- 5. Handling Conflicts - This option allows you to set preferences for conflicts. If a record is changed on both Time & Chaos and the device, you can set one to override the other, create a duplicate, or keep the latest change. This option is only relevant an a record has been modified on both Time & Chaos and the device before a sync has taken place.
Note - By default this option is set as "Time & Chaos is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in Time & Chaos. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
Advanced Settings for Time & Chaos
1. To Configure the Time & Chaos Advanced Settings, return to the main Settings of CompanionLink and select Advanced in the bottom left.
- Startup - Automatically run CompanionLink when the computer boots.
- Completed Tasks - Turning this option on will synchronize "All" completed Tasks to your device. With the option off, if a task is marked as completed in Time & Chaos, the task will not synchronize.
- Duplicates - This option checks for duplicate records as the sync occurs.
- Date Range - By default this option is set to 90 days. This means the sync will only synchronize the last 90 days of historical calendar events. You can change the settings to the amount of past days you wish to sync. This option only refers to past days, future events will always sync.
Field mapping gives you the option to choose which fields are mapped from Time & Chaos. Most Time & Chaos contact fields are mapped by default. Usually, field mapping is only needed if you have custom fields or need a specific field to be mapped.
- The fields on the left that cannot be changed, are the Device fields.
- The fields on the right in the drop-down boxes are Time & Chaos fields.
- Use this option to select the Calendar Format you wish to see on your device.
- These are examples of how each calendar format will appear. These examples represents the subject line of the calendar event.
- This option will abbreviate the Time & Chaos event types to one character. (e.g. Call = C)
- This options allows you to select a field in Time & Chaos that CompanionLink will use to create categories on the device. By default this field is set to Group. This will use the values in the Group field in Time & Chaos to create categories when syncing to your device.
- This option will format phone number using US Format. (e.g. (503) 243-5200)
- This option will include extension numbers, behind the phone number, separated by "symbol to use for extension". (e.g. (503) 243-5200;340)
- This option will delete the leading 0 from any phone number.
- This option will sync all country codes with phone numbers. With the option OFF the sync will sync all country code except the local country code.
- This option lets you set what symbol is used for extensions. Note: The correct symbol has to be used for specific phones to be able to dial extensions (e.g. iPhone and Android uses ; (semicolon))
- This should be set to the local country code. (e.g. US =1; UK = 44)
- 1. Auto Sync:
- Realtime - This option detects changes added to the selected Database and adds them to\from the Device within a few seconds.
- Every "" - This option sets an auto sync at an interval of your choosing.
- Daily "" - This option sets an auto sync for once a day at the selected time.
- Manual - This option allows you to control the syncs manually.
- 2. Language - This option allows you to set CompanionLink to a different language.
- For the language change to take full effect you many need to close and reopen CompanionLink.
- 3. Sync Time - This option allows you to further specify when the selected auto sync can take place.
Finishing your Configuration
- Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.