To configure your PIM in your CompanionLink Setup Select SalesForce Settings:
Once you have selected SalesForce Settings you will be able to navigate through the following tabs:
1. In this field you will enter the User Name associated with your SalesForce account
2. In this field you will enter the Password associated with your SalesForce account
3. In this field you will enter the Security Token.
4. This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync contacts.
5. This option allows you to specify whether you sync all contacts or only your own.
6. This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Accounts.
7. This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Tasks.
8. This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Opportunities.
1. If you do not have a Proxy setup or wish to have CompanionLink automatically detect the correct settings you would use these settings.
2. If you wish to manually enter your Proxy Settings you would select this option and enter the appropriate information.
1. This option prompts whether or not the Contacts are set to sync. If the box is unchecked Contacts are not set to sync. This option is also available for Events and Tasks.
2. This options prompts which direction information will travel. If you select your PDA to SalesForce the information will transfer from your PDA to SalesForce, but SalesForce information will not sync to the PDA. If you select SalesForce to your PDA the information will transfer from SalesForce to your PDA, but information from the PDA will not be synced to SalesForce. The option to Sync Both Ways will allow the information from your SalesForce to be sent to your PDA, and information from your PDA will be sent to SalesForce. These options are also available for Events and Tasks.
3. This option prompts on the next sync for the information on your PDA to be cleared, and the information from SalesForce will then be synced to the phone. This option is also available for Events and Tasks.
- Note: This option can only be used from SalesForce to your PDA. Please be aware CompanionLink will not perform a purge on your database.
4. This option allows you to choose the Primary Database. This means if you select SalesForce as your primary, if you delete content on your PDA the content would remain in SalesForce.
Finishing your Configuration
Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.