IMPORTANT NOTE SalesForce has retired the API that is used in CompanionLink 9 and below. To sync with SalesForce you will need to use CompanionLink 10 build 10012 or above.
- To configure your PIM in your CompanionLink Setup, select Settings under SalesForce:
- In this field you will enter the User Name associated with your SalesForce account, You can find this in by clicking your icon on the top right > Settings > Username, it will most likely be firstname.lastname@example.org
- In this field you will enter the Password associated with your SalesForce account
- In this field you will enter the Security Token.
- This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Contacts.
- This option allows you to specify whether you sync All Contacts, Account Contacts, or only your own.
- This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Accounts.
- This option allows you to specify whether you sync All Accounts, Team Accounts, or only your own.
- This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Tasks.
- This option allows you to specify whether you wish to sync Opportunities.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. Contacts, Events, Tasks)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. SalesForce to Device; Device to SalesForce; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using SalesForce Data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select SalesForce as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in SalesForce.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your SalesForce the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either SalesForce or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- 5. Handling Conflicts - This option allows you to set preferences for conflicts. If a record is changed on both SalesForce and the device, you can set one to override the other, create a duplicate, or keep the latest change. This option is only relevant an a record has been modified on both SalesForce and the device before a sync has taken place.
Note - By default this option is set as "SalesForce is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in SalesForce. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
Finishing your Configuration
Once you have navigated through each of the tabs simply select OK to save your settings.