Configuring advanced settings for Microsoft Outlook in CompanionLink
Once you have selected Outlook as your database, select Advanced to access the settings tabs below. Note: Advanced settings are preconfigured for optimal settings and do not necessarily need to be altered.
- Personal Category - This option allows you to specify if the personal category should or should not be synchronized. Turn this option OFF, if you do not want to synchronize personal records from Outlook. Any records categorized as "Personal" will not sync. Otherwise, if you want all records from Outlook to sync, leave this option selected.
- Completed Task - By default this option is turned OFF. With the option off, if a task is marked as completed in Outlook, the task will not synchronize. Turning this option on will synchronize "All" completed Task to your device.
- Attachments - By default this option is turned OFF. Turn this option on to synchronize attachments linked to records in Outlook.
- Outlook Add-In - By default this option is turned ON. With this option on, the CompanionLink Add-in will automatically install into Outlook.
- This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes, journals)
- This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Outlook to Device; Device to Outlook; Sync both ways)
- This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Outlook Data.
*Note: Use this option with caution and always make sure you have backed up your data.
4.Deletion Preferences - By default this option is set as "Outlook is primary..." which will prevent the synchronization from deleting any data in Outlook. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- Auto Synchronization - This setting lets you setup auto synchronization and how often CompanionLink will synchronize.
- Sync Timer - This setting lets you block specific times where you do not want the synchronization to run. This is recommended if you run scheduled backups or database maintenance.
- Calendar Alarms - This option allows to specify whether or not to synchronize alarms.
- Date Range - By default this option is set to 90 days. This means the sync will only synchronize the last 90 days of historical calendar events. You can change the settings to the amount of past days you wish to sync. This option only refers to past days, future events will always sync.
- Contact Link Info - This option adds linked contact information from Outlook's attendees list to the calendar notes section of the device. Note: This option is not available for all setups.
- Attendees - This option allows you to synchronize the attendees list from Outlook meeting invitations. Note: For Google sync this can cause Google to send out notifications via email when the event has been modified. If you do not wish for Google to handle the meeting invite notifications. Leave this option OFF. You can turn on the "Contact Link Info" option instead.
- Completed Records By default this option is turned OFF. With the option off, if a task is marked as completed in Outlook, the task will not synchronize. Turning this option on will synchronize "All" completed records.
- Select All Categories to sync all Outlook records or select Selected Categories to sync only a subset of your Outlook data, by filtering the sync using Outlook categories.
- Use this option to set the category filter to specific conduits. You can set the filter only one conduit or to all conduits. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes)
- Select which Outlook categories will be included in the synchronization. Any data that does not belong to the selected categories will not sync.
Most Outlook contact fields are mapped by default. Usually, field mapping is only needed if you have custom fields or need a specific field to be mapped.
- The fields on the left that cannot be changed, are the Device fields.
- The fields on the right in the drop-down boxes are Outlook fields.
- This option allows you to specify which folder from Outlook you would like to sync.
- This option allows you to specify whether or not to sync subfolders.
- This option will format phone number using US Format. (e.g. (503) 243-5200)
- This option will include extension numbers, behind the phone number, separated by "symbol to use for extension". (e.g. (503) 243-5200;340)
- This option will delete the leading 0 from any phone number.
- This options removes the spaces in phone numbers that are listed in the contact notes section. (e.g. 503 243 5200 appears as 5032435200)
- This option will sync all country codes with phone numbers. With the option OFF the sync will sync all country code except the local country code.
- This option lets you set what symbol is used for extensions. Note: The correct symbol has to be used for specific phones to be able to dial extensions (e.g. iPhone and Android uses ; (simicolon))
- This should be set to the local country code. (e.g. US =1; UK = 44)
This option is only set if you use a proxy server to access the internet.