1. In this field you will select the filepath to your GoldMine Directory.
2. In this field you will input the User ID associated with your GoldMine.
3. In this field you will input the Password associated with your GoldMine.
1. In this field you will select the correct GoldMine Database you wish to synchronize.
1. In this field you will select the filter you wish to use.
1. In this field you can specify the user.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. Contacts, Calendar, Task, Notes, Histories)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Goldmine to Device; Device to Goldmine; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Goldmine Data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Goldmine as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in Goldmine.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Goldmine the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Goldmine or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- By default this option is set as "Goldmine is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in Goldmine. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
- 5. Handling Conflicts - This option allows you to set preferences for conflicts. If a record is changed on both Goldmine and the device, you can set one to override the other, create a duplicate, or keep the latest change. This option is only relevant an a record has been modified on both Goldmine and the device before a sync has taken place.
- 6. Reread Options - The reread options are typically used in troubleshooting and should not need to be changed.
Advanced Settings for GoldMine
- 1. Auto Sync:
- Realtime - This option detects changes added to the selected Database and adds them to\from the Device within a few seconds.
- Every "" - This option sets an auto sync at an interval of your choosing.
- Daily "" - This option sets an auto sync for once a day at the selected time.
- Manual - This option allows you to control the syncs manually.
- 2. Language - This option allows you to set CompanionLink to a different language.
- For the language change to take full effect you many need to close and reopen CompanionLink.
- 3. Sync Time - This option allows you to further specify when the selected auto sync can take place.