Setup Guide - Sync with Windows Live
Back up your contact manager data before proceeding. Backup Instructions
Setup CompanionLink on your PC (Full Instructions)
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. Download CompanionLink
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Choose "No device - Sync with Windows Live" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Enter your Windows Live/Hotmail email address and password, then click OK.
- Select your contact manager from second drop-down option (Select your Contact Manager).
- Configure your contact manager settings if applicable. How to configure your contact manager.
- OPTIONAL: Configure advanced settings.
How to sync (Full Instructions)
- Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
- Auto-Sync can be enabled within the Advanced Settings to configure hands-free automatic sync.
Full Installation Instructions
If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
The 14-day trial software is fully functional. To register your paid license, enter the name and email address you used to purchase the software in the CompanionLink registration window (File > Register). CompanionLink is registered from within the software and requires an internet connection in order to verify your license.
For more information, view full registration instructions.
Full Configuration Instructions
Back up your Data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
1. Open the CompanionLink Setup icon from your desktop or start menu.
2. In the first dropdown (Select your sync target), please select No device - Sync with Windows Live
3. A window should pop up with your Windows Live/Hotmail account settings. Enter your email address and password here.
4. In the second dropdown please select the database you wish to sync with.
Configuring your database settings
You will now need to configure CompanionLink with the database you wish to sync with. Each contact manager works a bit differently.
Configuring Windows Live settings
Click the gear icon button next to where you have selected Windows Live as your sync target.
If you haven't already done so, enter your Windows Live/Hotmail email address and password here. CompanionLink allows you to choose which calendar to sync to. In most cases, select the default calendar.
Advanced settings and other options
These settings are optional, but you may want to take a look at these if this is your first sync. More info about advanced settings.
Performing a Sync
Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
The Auto-Sync tab in Advanced Settings allows you to configure hands-free automatic sync.
- DoubleLook Mode is only available with specific sync configurations. If you do not see this option it is by design.
If you are unable to synchronize, please review our Troubleshooting guides.