Setup Guide - Sync iPhone and iPad via local Wi-Fi
CompanionLink offers a remote configuration service where we will set up everything for you called RunStart. CompanionLink also provides direct help from our expert technicians through Premium Support.
Configure DejaOffice on your Apple device Watch Video
- Connect your Apple device to the same network as your PC via WiFi.
- Open DejaOffice, then tap Setup Wizard and ensure that you select WiFi Sync as your sync method.
- The following screen of the Setup Wizard will display an IP Address, write this down (You'll need this when configuring CompanionLink).
- OPTIONAL: Configure DejaOffice to sync with the native Apple apps (within Setup Wizard).
Configure CompanionLink 7 on your PC Watch Video
- Run CompanionLink from your desktop or start menu and click Settings.
- Select your PC or Web Database
- Select the device you want to sync with as Apple Device
- Select you sync method as Local Wi-Fi Sync
- Select Settings
- Select Pair Device
- At the same time in DejaOffice select Sync
If your PC and your device is able to successfully pair, you IP Address and Device name will automatically populate. Otherwise, you can manually enter the IP Address and Device name, noted from the DejaOffice setup.
Configure CompanionLink 6 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu and click Settings.
- In the With section select Apple Device from the top drop-down and then set the bottom one to Local WiFi Sync.
- Click Settings under the With section and enter the IP address you gathered from DejaOffice.
- In the From Section select the Database you wish to sync with (e.g. Outlook, ACT!, Palm Desktop).
Configure CompanionLink 5 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Apple Device from the Select the device you want to sync with... drop-down.
- Select Sync via Local WiFi from the Select your sync method... drop-down.
- Select your contact manager from the Select your PC or web database... drop-down.
- Click the gear icon next to the drop-down labeled Sync via Local WiFi and enter the IP address you gathered from DejaOffice.
Database Configuration Guides CompanionLink works with a variety of CRM, PIM, and contact management software. There are specific configuration options in CompanionLink for each of these databases. Please select the database you wish to sync with for specific configuration instructions:
- Configuring WiseAgent
- Configuring Advanced Settings allows you to set field mapping, configure database folders, and much more.
How to sync Watch Video
- Ensure that your Apple device is connected to your WiFi network, and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
- Open CompanionLink on your PC, and click the Synchronize button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice.
NOTE: If you are unable to synchronize, please review our Troubleshooting Guide.