We just received our new Galaxy S II (what an amazing device!), and wanted to share the specific procedures you’ll need to follow to sync via USB using CompanionLink and Dejaoffice.
The Galaxy S II performs a bit differently than other devices, so you’ll need to follow these specific steps if you want to sync via USB. You also may want to consider syncing the Galaxy S II via Wi-Fi, as it is not subject to any of these limitations.
When syncing via USB, DejaOffice normally connects the device’s USB storage drive automatically, but on the Galaxy S II the automatic connection does not work. Follow these instructions before each sync:
- 1. First, ensure that the phone is disconnected from the PC.
- 2. On the Galaxy S II, open Settings > Wireless and Network > USB Utilities.
- 3. Select “Connect storage to PC”.
- 4. Make sure CompanionLink is running on the PC, then connect the Galaxy S II to the PC using a USB cable.
- 5. Open DejaOffice, then tap “Sync” to begin.
We’re working in a more automated method, but for now follow the steps above. Once again, our local Wi-Fi sync is fully automatic and is not subject to any of these restrictions. Questions? Comments? Let us know below!