In order for your business to remain competitive in today’s marketplace, you need a robust IT strategy that modernizes operations and keeps you lean. As part of this strategy, you need an IT support team by your side. But with so many different services to choose from, you’ll have to be selective in the companies you work with
The “Why” Behind IT Support
Small business owners often fall for the assumption that IT support services are just for big companies with massive budgets. But that’s simply not true. There are plenty of ways for small and medium-sized businesses to benefit from a partnership with the right IT support service, including:
● Better security. The right IT support staff keeps your entire system running smoothly. Not only that, but they ensure you have a reliable backup system in place to keep you protected in a worst-case scenario.
● Higher ROI. IT support saves you both time and money. The result is a beefier profit margin. While the upfront costs of hiring an IT support service are more expensive than a DIY approach, the long-term ROI is clear. With less downtime, greater reliability, and significant time savings, hiring an IT support service is a clear and obvious choice.
● Enhanced customer service. More uptime and reliability lead to happier and more satisfied customers. Subsequently, this produces better customer retention rates and stronger loyalty. This lowers your costs across the board and simultaneously gives your business a stronger foundation for future growth.
● Better use of time. When it’s all said and done, an IT support service allows you to spend less time worrying about what could go wrong and more time focusing on the other core tasks and responsibilities on your to-do list.
At the end of the day, having the right IT support service in place allows you to maximize your company’s efficiency and produce happy and satisfied clients that trust you to meet their needs.
4 Tips for Selecting the Right IT Support Service
With so many different IT support services to choose from, here are a few factors that are absolutely worth considering.
Physical location may or may not matter very much – it just depends on the services you need. For example, if your company will provide services like VoIP or cloud hosting, the location of the servers can have an effect on the quality of your services. It’s also important to think about location if you plan to expand into a different country in the future. (Make sure they have the capacity to support you.)
2. Types of Support
Many IT support companies will offer varying levels of service. This may include:
● Pay-as-you-go support. Good for companies with smaller budgets that only need occasional support.
● Break-fix support. The managed services providers on an as-needed basis and bills you only for the work performed.
● Managed service support. The most comprehensive type of support. Ideal for businesses that want a totally hands-off, white-glove approach.
3. Response Times
When you have an IT issue, the last thing you want to do is spend hours or days waiting for your support provider to come out and troubleshoot the issue. Depending on the problem, you could be losing thousands of dollars every few minutes. Time is of the essence.
As you consider IT support services, consider if they make any guarantees around response times. For example, PalmTech Computer Solutions promises to have a qualified technician working on resolving the IT problems within one hour or less for all managed services contracts. That’s a huge benefit (both in terms of cost savings and peace of mind).
You may find different services can benefit your business. A live chat Outsourcing firm can ensure high quality responses for your operation.
Finally, consider the cost. Every IT support service operates on a unique payscale. Some companies require long-term contracts and monthly retainer fees, while other companies let you pay as you go with no long-term commitment. There are benefits to both types of agreements, so make sure you’re taking all relevant factors into account. Depending on what stage your business is in, it may make more sense to sign a long-term agreement and cut costs. Other businesses like the pay-as-you-go structure because of the flexibility and scalability. Use Revolution IT for flat rate IT services, this is the leading IT support provider in Auckland and offers comprehensive solutions to businesses seeking reliable and effective IT support services.
Putting it All Together
Your business doesn’t just need an IT support service – it needs the right IT support service. As you search for the perfect partner, take factors like location, support services, response time, and costs into account. If nothing else, your thorough due diligence will leave you with the confidence and peace of mind that you made the right choice.