(And have it look like Outlook on the Phone)
- Download DejaOffice on your phone, and CompanionLink for Outlook on your PC.
- Configure them for DejaCloud Sync
- Watch your Outlook Contacts and Calendar appear on your phone.
DejaOffice is Free. CompanionLink runs on a two-week trial.
I think our Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will be arriving tomorrow! Like many of you I can’t wait. I carried a Galaxy Note 7 for a month before it was recalled. The size and shape was really nice. Narrower and taller than my Galaxy Note 4, but very slim and nice to hold. I do a lot of business on my phone, emails, tasks, stocks, so I really like the large screen.
Like most business people, I do nearly all my data entry on my desktop PC. That’s where I handle my task list, enter appointments, and add new contacts. If I’m out and about I use my phone to complete tasks, add new tasks and schedule things. So it’s a constant battle to keep my phone and my PC showing the same data.
That battle is eliminated using CompanionLink and DejaOffice.
DejaOffice is hands-down the best Outlook-like App for the phone. It has the “classic 4”: Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos, just like an old Palm OS device. More important, it has all the Outlook fields, and all the Outlook Calendar formations. Android OS comes from Google, which is a Linux shop. Even Google management does not use Outlook. It shows. You can’t schedule an appointment for every weekday in Android, and they don’t have a native task app.
Special features of DejaOffice:
- Time zone management, so when you land your Calendar doesn’t go wonky
- Calendar Colors that match Outlook
- Recurring tasks compatible with Outlook
- Optional: Franklin Covey task priorities A1, B2, C99
- Works same on Android and iPhone, Phones and Tablets.
DejaOffice will connect to your PC using USB (remember old Hotsync?), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and DejaCloud. DejaCloud Realtime Sync is quick to set up and amazingly fast. I can make an appointment on my PC, and by the time I pick up my phone it is already there. It works when I’m on a trip without any problems.
Let’s get started! It’s going to be a great year for phone releases.