The credit repair industry is flourishing, and starting your own company is a great idea. This is a highly scalable model — you can even run the business from your home. The initial costs are modest, and the profit potential is undeniable. One in five Americans has problems with unfair scores, so the demand is guaranteed. Here are the basics of starting a business in this niche in 2021.
The top credit repair services allow clients to remedy their scores in the most convenient way. All the tasks, from analysis to disputes, are delegated to professionals. For $79-$129 per month, these firms communicate with lenders, bureaus, and collection agencies to achieve a boost as soon as possible.
Certified experts perform painstaking investigative work to collect evidence and avoid redisputes. Well-established brands like Lexington Law remove a wide range of information, from late payments to Chapter 7 bankruptcies. Consumers pay for their services even when they could manage the disputes by themselves. Speed, convenience, and efficiency are the biggest selling points.
- you are not allowed to charge any advance payments;
- all the contracts must be in writing, and they must be signed before any services are rendered;
- every client must have an opportunity to cancel the contract;
- you are not allowed to use misleading marketing methods.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act is what makes this industry possible. Every nationwide bureau is obliged to report only accurate and verifiable information. Any mistakes must be removed through a formal dispute procedure. This is what your company will handle on your clients’ behalf.
Study the regulations in your state. Registration and licensing requirements vary. You will also need to obtain a surety bond. This provides client protection if your company’s actions result in negative consequences. In the event of misconduct, the clients receive compensation.
No formal requirements in terms of education exist. Still, qualifications are essential for trust and credibility. Get some formal training to become a certified professional.
Your business plan must cover all the essentials of launching and running the business. Pay attention to the following elements:
- An executive summary highlighting the market opportunity — the audience in need of repair. This section must include your mission statement.
- Business description giving a snapshot of the market situation. Define the problems your business will solve, and describe the different types of services you will offer.
- Market analysis showing how your company should position itself to stand out from the competition. Conclusions must be backed by quantifiable data.
- Competitive analysis showing the main weaknesses of your arrivals, and ways you could fill those gaps to serve the customers better.
- Operations and management description explaining how the business will be structured, what types of expenditures you will incur and who will be responsible for different operations.
- Goals, which may be organized as phases of business development, from launch to expansion. Include the services offered at each phase and the milestones you should reach.
Successful companies are unimaginable without efficient and versatile software. It streamlines different aspects of operations and interaction with customers. You should manage events and contacts easily, capture leads, organize clients and track progress on each case. Export of contacts for mail marketing should be effortless.
Obviously, the digital space is the primary channel of promotion. Devise a multifaceted strategy to engage different dimensions, and build a professional website to showcase your work. Here are a few suggestions:
- Create a business profile on Instagram and use the full spectrum of tools: post helpful content with relevant hashtags, create fun and engaging stories, IGTV, and Reels. Pay for ads to gain exposure more quickly.
- Use Facebook communities to spread the word about your company implicitly. These groups are organized by your competitors, so become a valuable member to attract attention to your profile. Participate in discussions and give useful advice to the members, so they get curious and check your bio. Make sure your profile looks professional and includes a link to the site.
- Create a YouTube channel with helpful content related to repair. Ideally, your videos should not last longer than 10 minutes.
- Use the search feature on Twitter to find users discussing repair, and provide valuable tips. Engage local financial affiliates to expand the prospective audience.
- Use LinkedIn to reach a vast audience of professionals. Post case studies, white papers, articles, and other information to catch their attention. Referrals from financial pros will help you grow your audience quickly.
To establish a successful company, you should navigate the legal landscape and learn from the experience of well-established brands. Start with a home-based business and let your company grow gradually. The Internet offers a wealth of proven promotional strategies. Efficient software will streamline operations, helping you provide excellent services and promote your brand through word of mouth.