DejaOffice 1.2.4 should be arriving in the App Store as you read this post. This update contains a number of new features, improvements, and bug fixes. The full release notes are included below, but I wanted to highlight one feature that I’m sure many of you will appreciate: Password-protected data.
This feature allows you to secure sensitive data on your device by either hiding or masking your private contacts, tasks, and memos. Private records require a password to view or edit, keeping your data secure.
Configuring private records is simple. To mark a contact, task, or memo as private, simply tick the checkbox labeled “private” when editing or creating it. Before you notice any change, you’ll need to adjust the settings for private records. Go to the “Settings” menu in DejaOffice and select “Private Records.” There you can choose to Show Private (always show private records), Mask Records (replace text with ***), or Hide Records (completely hide private records from view). You’ll also find settings for syncing private records, privacy timeouts, and passwords.
I should note that if you choose to “Hide Records” you will need to select the “DejaContacts” (or DejaTasks or DejaMemos) menu and choose “Show Private”. This will prompt you to enter your password to reveal your hidden records.
Of course, Private Records are just one of the many updates we’ve made in DejaOffice 1.2.4 – see the list of changes below, then head over to the App Store to download your update today!
– added Private field to Contacts, Tasks, Memos
– added options to Show/Hide/Mask private records
– added option to password protect private records
– improved UI for DejaTasks and DejaMemos
– improved context menu UI for Contacts/Tasks/Memos
– adding linked contacts in DejaTasks now reads DejaContacts vs. Apple’s contacts
– added Project field to DejaTasks
– added DejaContacts links to DejaToday (tasks only)
– fixed an issue where user edited custom field labels did not show in DejaContacts
– fixes an issue where deletions may not sync between Apple contacts and DejaContacts
– fixes an issue where contacts purged from CL do not appear to purge until reopening DJO
– fixes an issue where DejaToday did not show tasks due today
– fixed an issue where the Release Notes app would open each time DJO was opened
This feature actually came to our Android version first, so it’s already there. It works in the same way as on iOS! If you have any questions about it, just let me know!
What about Password protecting Android records?