DejaOffice PC CRM Settings
From CompanionLink Support
DejaOffice PC CRM has many settings to customize your DPC experience. The following guide will detail each DPC Setting page.
- Theme - Changes DejaOffice PC CRM Theme. There are 4 themes to choose from.
- Side Menu Color - Sets the theme of the Left Conduit Panel List.
- Language - Changes the Language of DejaOffice PC CRM.
- Country - Changes the default Country. Setting your country to one that uses the MM/DD/YYY date format, will change the DPC Date format to match.
- Typeface - Changes the DPC Font.
- Font Size - Changes the DPC Font Size. This option is dependent on Setting 7 being set to Font Size.
- Zoom Scaling Type - Font Size only adjusts Font Size. Percent scales everything using Zoom (Ctrl + Mouse Scroll).
- CRM Style - Sets various DPC Settings to align it with the selected Database. Click Here for our detailed page on CRM Styles.
- Use Outlook Addin - Enabled the DPC Outlook Addin (DPC for Outlook and above). Click Here for our detailed page on the DPC Outlook Addin.
- Use ISO Dates Changes the Date Format to ISO for South Africa.
- Use Ctrl + Mouse Scroll for Zoom - Enables\Disables the Ctrl + Mouse Scroll shortcut for Zooming in DPC.
- Keyboard Shortcuts - Displays the Keyboard Shortcut list (Pressing F1 also displays this list).
- FCM ID - Sets up Direct Dialing from DPC to DejaOffice on Mobile. Click Here for our detailed page on the Setting up and using FCM ID.
- Local Country Code for Timezone Lookups - Sets the local country code for the DPC "Local Timezone" display in Contact Details. This is the Orange Local Timezone Display Text in the Contact Details Panel.
- Use Next Action Panel - Show\Hide the "Next Action Panel" in the DPC Contact detail.
- Events to show in Next Action Panel - Sets the number of Future Events to display in Contact Details under Next Actions. Note: Only events linked to the selected Contact will display in the Contact Details Next Action Panel.
- Past Events to show in Next Action Panel Sets the number of Past Events to display in Contact Details under Next Actions. Note: Only events linked to the selected Contact will display in the Contact Details Next Action Panel.
- Custom Fields - Allows you to set the Custom Field Names for DPC Contact custom fields.
- Use Friendly dates in Custom Fields - Changes date formats to "Friendly Display". IE 5/7/20 displays as May 7, 2020.
- Show History - Show\Hide the History Panel in DPC Contact Details. History Panel displayed Completed\Past Tasks\Calendar linked to a contact.
- Default Timezone - Sets a default timezone for the local timezone display (orange text) in DPC Contact Details.
- Launch List in Search Mode - When DPC Contacts are selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- Show More - Enabling this options opens the Contact Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Phone Format Style - Sets how Phone Numbers are displayed in the Contact Detail Panel. Note: This is only a display, it does not actually change the format of entered Phone Numbers.
- View Screen Format - Allows you to change between the new 2020 Streamlined Contact Detail Panel Display or the original (2019) Contact Detail Panel. The 2020 view allows for some fields to be displayed side by side for better space management.
- Multi-Select for Linked Contacts - Allows for the selection of Multiple Linked contacts in the "Add Contact" screen.
- Custom Calendar Event Duration - Allows for a custom Event Duration to appear in Calendar Edit Panels.
- Default Calendar Event Duration - Sets a Default Duration for all new Calendar Records.
- Day View Subject Format - Adds various record information to Event Subjects. IE Linked Contact Name or Company Name.
- Hour Format - Sets the Hour Format to 12 hour or 24 Hour. This is set automatically by your PC, but can be overridden with this setting.
- Use Calendar Icons - Enabled Emoji option in Calendar Edit Panels.
- Use Calendar Icons for Call, Meet, Task - Changes the Activity Types in Act! or Goldmine CRM Styles to Icons
- Emojis - Edit the Emoji List.
- Month View Category Colors - Sets how Category Colors appear for events in Month View. On Background sets category colors as the event background. On Text sets the Event Subject text to the category color.
- Report Start Time - Sets the Start time when Printing DPC Calendar Day or Week View.
- Report Duration - Sets the Duration when Printing DPC Calendar Day or Week View. IE 6 AM to 5 PM, etc.
- Default Call Duration - Sets the Default Duration for Call Type events. Act! or Goldmine CRM Style.
- First Day of the Week - Change the Start of the Week Day in DPC Calendar Week View.
- Start of the Day - Sets the Default Hour Position for Calendar Day View.
- Default Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new Calendar records.
- Display on View Screen - Adds Task list, Contact List or No Display in the Day View Detail Panel.
- Show Start Time in Day View - Sets when the Event Start Time will appear in Day View.
- Show Duration in Day View - Sets when the Event Duration will appear in Day View.
- Show Start Time in Week View - Sets when the Event Start Time will appear in Week View.
- Show Duration in Week View - Sets when the Event Duration will appear in Week View.
- Edit Screen Format - Sets the Edit Panel Format. New 2020 Streamlined has improved Edit Panel layout with Quick Set options.
- Day View Interval - Sets the Interval that appears in Day View.
- Week View Interval - Sets the Interval that appears in Week View.
- Activity Types - Enabled Activity Types. Act! and Goldmine CRM Style.
- Calendar Event Preview Hover Panel - Show\Hide the Calendar Detail Hover Panel. When enabled hover over an event to display the preview panel.
- Show Week Number - Adds Week Number to the DPC Calendar Week View.
- Show Start Time in Month View - Adds Start time to event subjects in Month View.
- Show Birthdays - Adds Read-Only Birthday events to DPC Calendar populated from the Contacts "Birthday" Field.
- Show Anniversaries - Adds Read-Only Anniversary events to DPC Calendar populated from the Contacts "Anniversary" Field.
- Enable Year View - Adds a Year View option to the left side DPC Conduit Panel.
- Launch List in Search Mode - When DPC Calendar Day View is selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- Stack All Day Events Vertically - When Disabled All Day events appear Horizontally in the All Day Cell. Enabled All Day events appear Vertically in the All Day Cell.
- Show More' by Default - Enabling this options opens the Event Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Strikethrough Completed Events - Enabling this option places a "strike-through" across completed Events in all calendar views.
- Open View on Selection - When Enabled selecting an event in Week or Month view, a View Panel opens. When Disabled selecting an event in the Week or Month views directly opens the Edit Panel or the selected record.
- Holidays Adds Read-Only Holiday events for the selected country to DPC Calendar.
- Purge Calendar - Options to Purge All Events from DPC calendar or Events prior to a selected date.
- Rebuild Calendar Display - Clears the Calendar View Cache. Loading Calendar after selecting this option may take a moment longer but can fix display issues in DPC Calendar.
- Task Priority Style - Sets the Task Priority Style.
- Edit Screen Format - Set the Task Edit Panel Style. Streamlined 2020 has more quick options vs the 2019 Style.
- Roll over Calls as Tasks - Automatically Rolls Over any Overdue "Call" type Tasks (Act! or GM CRM Style).
- 'Show Month View on List - Show\Hide the Calendar Month View Panel in the Task Details.
- Ignore Task Filters on Search - Enabling this option ignores all filters when Searching in Tasks. (IE Completed Task filters, Active Task filters, Category filters, etc).
- Strikethrough Completed Tasks - Enabling this option places a "strike-through" across completed tasks.
- Launch List in Search Mode - When DPC Tasks are selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- Show More - Enabling this options opens the Task Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Open View on Selection - Enabling this option displays a Task View Panel when selecting a task in the Tasks Pinned Window. Disabling directly opens the Task Edit panel when selecting a task in the Tasks Pinned Window.
- Purge Tasks - Allows for quick deletion of All Tasks or Completed Tasks.
- Default Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new Task records.
- Enable Memo Application - Show\Hide the Memo Conduit on the DPC Left Menu.
- Launch List in Search Mode - When DPC Memos are selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- 'Show More' by Default - Enabling this options opens the Memo Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Default Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new Memo records.
- Enable Expense Application - Show\Hide the Expense Conduit on the DPC Left Menu.
- Enable Deals Application - Show\Hide the Deals Conduit on the DPC Left Menu.
- Launch Deals List in Search Mode - When DPC Deals are selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- Launch Expense List in Search Mode - When DPC Expense is selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- Show More by Default (Expenses) - Enabling this options opens the Expense Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Show More by Default (Deals) - Enabling this options opens the Deals Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Default Expense Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new Expense records.
- Default Deal Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new Deal records.
- Custom Fields - Allows you to set the Custom Field Names for DPC Deal custom fields.
- Enable History Application - Show\Hide the History Conduit on the DPC Left Menu.
- Use Completion Dialogue for Completed Records - Adds a new "Completed" Popup when completing Task or Calendar Records for History Tracking.
- Launch List in Search Mode - When DPC History is selected, list opens with Search bar always at the top.
- 'Show More' by Default - Enabling this options opens the History Edit Panel with the "More" option always enabled.
- Default Category - Sets a Default Category to add to all new History records.
- For Each Record - Single Category allows for one Category per record. Multiple Categories allows for Multiple Categories per record.
- Category Picker Style - Single Select allows for selecting one Category in the Category Picker menu. Multiple Select adds check boxes to the Category list to allow selecting Multiple Categories in the Category Picker menu.
- Category Picker Style - Single Select allows for selecting one Category in the Category Filter menu. Multiple Select adds check boxes to the Category list to allow selecting Multiple Categories before leaving the Category Filter menu.
- Ring Alarms in DejaOffice - Enable\Disable the DejaOffice Alarm Popup Panel. Panel allows for Snooze\Dismiss of Alarms.
- Default Alarm - Sets a Default Alarm for all new Calendar records.
- Default All Day Alarm - Sets a Default Alarm for all new All Day Calendar records.
- Default Snooze - Sets a Default Snooze interval for all new Calendar alarms.
- CompanionLink Version #### - Displays the current installed version of CompanionLink which controls DPC syncing. The "Check for Updates" button will check for any current updates to CompanionLink.
- Sync Settings Handled By - Displays whether CompanionLink or DejaOffice PC CRM is controlling the Sync. Normally DPC should be controlling the sync, unless you are using CompanionLink as a separate program.
- PC Data Source - Selection of other PC Databases you can sync DPC with. Click Here for more information on syncing DPC with another PC Database.
- Mobile Phone or Tablet - Selection of a Mobile Device you can sync DPC with. Click Here for more information on syncing DPC with a Mobile Device.
- Email Templates - Enables the use of Email Templates. Click Here for our guide on using Email Templates.
- Document Templates - Enables the use of Document Templates. Click Here for our guide on using Document Templates.
- Document Templates Folder - Sets the Default Storage location for Email and Document Templates.
- Email and Document Templates - Add, Edit or Delete Document or Email Templates. See the above guides for more on Document and Email Templates.
Privacy and Encryption Settings
- Mask Private Records - Masks all records marked as Private (record will appear with ***** if it is a masked record). Use the 3 bars menu in any DPC Conduit and select "Show Private" to display private records.
- Hide Private Records - Hides all records marked as Private. Use the 3 bars menu in any DPC Conduit and select "Show Private" to display private records.
- Private Record Timeout - Sets a timeout which will automatically re-hide\mask private records at the selected interval.
- Private Record Password - Adds a password to private records. Password must be entered to "show\unmask" records marked as private.
- Encrypt Database - Encrypts the DPC Database.
- Encryption Timeout - Sets a timeout which will re-prompt to enter the Encryption Password at the selected interval.
- Remember Encryption Password - Allows you to keep the DPC database encrypted but store the Encryption Password so it does not have to be entered when the database is opened.
Click Here for our Full Guide on DPC Privacy and Encryption.
- Use Background Picture - Adds a Background Picture to the DejaOffice PC CRM. Disabling makes the DPC background Grey.
- Download New Pictures' - Checks our server for New Background Picture we have added.
- Clear Old Pictures - Removes the oldest downloaded background picture when more than 10 pictures exist in the background picture folder.
- Automatically Change Picture - Sets an interval for changing the Background Picture. Never will always keep the currently selected Background Picture.
- Current Picture - Displays the currently select DPC Background Picture.
- Set as Desktop - Allows you to quickly set the current DPC Background Picture to be the Windows Desktop Background Picture.
- Change - Allows you to manually select a DPC Background Picture.
Pinned Windows Settings
- Pinned Windows to Enable - Allows you do select which Pinned Windows will be displayed. You can also do this by clicking the Pin icon in each DPC Conduit. Click Here for our Video Introduction to DPC Pinned Windows.
- Show Pinned Windows on Windows Startup - Loads all selected Pinned Windows when Windows is started (at PC Boot).
- Show Pinned Windows on DejaOffice Startup - Loads all selected Pinned Windows when DejaOffice PC CRM is opened.
- Keep Pinned Windows on Top - Keeps any Pinned Windows on top of all other Windows.
- Show All Pinned Windows - Shows All Pinned windows that have been "Hidden.
- Hide All Pinned Windows - Hides All selected Pinned windows.
- Clear All Pinned Windows and Reset - Clears all selected Pinned Windows and resets them to their default Positions.
- Setup Wizard - Selecting this option in the Settings menu relaunches the DPC Setup Wizard. Normally this is only needed at the DejaOffice PC CRM first install. Click Here for our Full Setup Wizard guide.
- Database Location - Displays the current Database Directory for DejaOffice PC CRM. "Open Folder" will open this folder directly via the File Explorer.
- Open a different database - Drop down that displays All previously opened DPC Databases. Using the Open launches a File Explorer to select a DPC Database folder in a custom location. Normally only used if a DPC Database folder was manually copied to a new PC. If you have multiple DPC Database, the drop down allows for quick Database Selection.
- Copy Database - Opens a File Explorer to select a folder to "copy" the current DPC Database to.
- Move Database - Opens a File Explorer to select a folder to "move" the current DPC Database folder to a new location.
- New - Opens a File Explorer to select a folder for a "New" DPC Database. Note the new folder must be empty.
- Back Up Database - Manually Creates a DejaOffice PC CRM Database back up.
- Restore Database - Displays a list of DPC Back ups that can be restored.
- Automatic Backup - Sets an interval for DPC auto back ups.
- Number of Automatic Back ups to keep - Sets the limit for DPC Back ups. When more then the selected number exist in the backup folder, the oldest back up is deleted.
- Condense Attachments - Scans and removed duplicate Attachments.
- Include Pictures and Attachments - Includes all Contact Photos and Record Attachments in the DPC back up. Note the more attachments and photos the larger back ups will be.
- Backup Location - Sets the Back up folder for DPC Back ups. This can be set independent of the main PC CRM database folder.
- Multi-User Database - DejaOffice PC CRM Pro only. Enabled Multi-User Mode. Click Here for our Guide to Multi-User Mode.
- "Default Record Owner to current User - DPC Pro in Multi-User Mode Only. Default All new records to the currently logged in user.
- Shared Database - Enabled when DPC Database is stored on a Network Drive or when DPC is in Multi-User Mode.
- Optimize Large DB Searches - Adds new indexes to the DPC Database to improve search speeds for larger database. Note Searching on All Fields or Note fields will still be slower on larger databases.
- Limit Searches - Improves Search Speed by limiting search results in larger databases when using a broad search term.
- User Management - DPC Pro in Muti-User Mode Only. Menu for Adding, Editing and Deleting DPC Users in Multi-User Mode.
- Change Password of current user - DPC Pro in Muti-User Mode Only. Change the user password for the currently logged in user.
- Logout - DPC Pro in Muti-User Mode Only. Logs out the currently logged in user.
- Record Counts - Displays counts of All Records in DejaOffice PC CRM.
- Email Support - Opens a Email Template with the selected Support Logs attached.
- Start Logging - Enabled Logging in DPC. Only needed if instructed by a technician.
- Record Counts - Displays the number of Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, etc that exist in DejaOffice PC CRM.
- License Information - Displays your current Registration Status and DejaOffice PC CRM version.
- Name - Name associated with your PC CRM License.
- Email - Email associated with your PC CRM License.
- Purchase - Displays your Purchase ID. Note this will be blank until you Register DejaOffice PC CRM.
- Product - Displays your current product version of DejaOffice PC CRM.
- Computer ID - Unique ID associated with the current PC.
- Verify - Displays your current License Status for DejaOffice PC CRM. To Register, populate Fields 2 and 3 and click Verify.
- Buy Now - Directly opens the DejaOffice PC CRM purchase page.