Losing data stored on a computer would be a problem for the average user, but what about the business that loses sensitive information? It can be too costly, even to the point of losing the reputation and business. There are several reasons why data may no longer be available:
- Equipment failure;
- Software failure;
- Human error.
Backup programs help save and restore important files and are vital tools for companies. So, in this article, we’ll take a look at some of the reliable solutions on the market that are suitable for small businesses to employ.
1. MSP360 Managed Backup
This service is not only capable of performing backups, but it also offers monitoring and detailed reporting. Right now, you can take advantage of the free trial version of the product.
- Ability to customize the tool to the brand;
- Quality customer support;
- Easy setup;
Multiple restore options;
- Privacy and security.
Disadvantages: slow recovery from the cloud. Sometimes there are problems with backups, and the interface is a bit complicated.
- Recovery of lost documents;
- Malware protection;
- User support;
- Remote access;
- Monitoring and reporting;
- Local server settings;
- Secure data storage.
This company protects the data of renowned global leaders such as SIEMENS, ABB, ING, and others. With its services, VEEAM ensures business sustainability and protects data from intruders and data loss, which is even more imporatant if you are using business process outsourcing (BPO) services You can test how the platform works by downloading a trial version and using it for 30 days for free.
- Screening features;
- Facilitated rapid recovery;
- Data/file compression and encryption;
- Cloud management.
Disadvantages: cost of services, high load issues and file archiving.
- Universal recovery;
- Recovery screening;
- Multiple backup destinations;
- Cloud backup and live recovery;
- Platform support and encryption;
- Business application protection;
- Incremental backup identification;
- File deduplication and compression;
- Flexible deployment and storage options.
BDRSuite is a comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery solution that offers businesses robust backup, replication, and recovery capabilities, ensuring data resilience in the face of unexpected disruptions. With its user-friendly interface and advanced features, BDRSuite simplifies the management of backup and disaster recovery processes, providing peace of mind for organizations of all sizes.
- Comprehensive Data Protection: BDRSuite offers a wide range of data protection features;
- Simplified Management;
- Scalability and Flexibility.
Disadvantages: some users have reported that the interface can be difficult to use for someone not familiar with the product.
- Data Compression and Deduplication;
- Scheduled Backup;
- Ransomware Protection;
- Virtualization Support;
- Reporting and Alerts;
If you’re looking for software of decent quality and at a reasonable price, feel free to consider this option. Backblaze is more suitable for beginners, and experienced users may lack some features. However, check for yourself how the platform works because you already have 10 GB of free storage.
- Unlimited storage;
- Copy and restore via mailed drive;
- High download speed.
Disadvantages: license is available only for one device. The tool might be difficult to use and lack some integrations.
- Scheduled and automatic backups;
- Continuous backups;
- Unlimited file types;
- Backup search;
- Restore and access;
- Unlimited storage;
- Hard drive recovery program;
- Version retention;
- Unlimited file size and backup speed;
- Unlimited external drives.
5. Altaro VM Backup for MSPs
This is another reliable backup software. However, it is a more suitable product for small businesses. You can evaluate how Altaro works for free with a trial version of the software.
- Automatic integrity checks;
- many features that are easy to use;
- Several backup options;
- Offers integration with MS VSS and supports multiple hypervisors;
- Continuous data protection (CDP).
Disadvantages: prices and no automatic virtual machine allocation from the HyperV host.
- Notifications and backup log;
- Capacity planning and management;
- Continuous backup;
- Emergency recovery and encryption;
- Graphical user interface and different backup options.
NinjaOne is a reliable tool with intuitive navigation, designed to work for IT teams with the goal of automating business processes. It also features Ninja Data Protection, which serves as a data protection product. You can test it for free for two weeks.
- A lot of useful features;
- Excellent support service;
- Price (specified per device);
- Constant updates;
- Deployment in automatic mode.
Disadvantages: it is hard to set up and configure.
- Device and fixes management;
- Automation and remote management;
- Endpoint security;
- Flexible backup and recovery;
- Data protection.
If you want to secure data in virtual, physical, cloud, and SaaS environments, this product is worth considering. Brands such as Coca-Cola, Cisco, and many other well-known global leaders work closely with NAKIVO. How good is it? You can download a fully-functional version of the software right now and test it for free for 15 days.
- Easy to use and configure;
- Flexible deployment with full extension;
- Smart scheduler and saving;
- Detailed manual.
Disadvantages: lack of 2FA support, and not much detail in the error log. The price is a bit high.
- Backup of virtual machines, servers, workstations, SaaS, applications;
- Automation and replication;
- Threat protection.
8. Cove Data Protection
This program hits the top of the best cloud backup programs. It is great for small businesses and can protect their data. The platform also has a free 30-day trial.
- It is possible to choose your own storage;
- Support service provides professional assistance;
- Ease of use;
- The program’s stability and speed.
Disadvantages: no ability to edit backups, cost of service, imperfect monitoring aspects, and failures in recovery.
- Microsoft backup; to [Microsoft 365 cloud backup]
- Disaster recovery and archiving;
- Anti-malware protection;
- Cloud storage and additional local storage;
- Automatic recovery testing.
9. Axcient x360Recover
It is a reliable and cost-effective solution for today’s market that will keep your data safe from loss as well as from possible threats (such as cyber-attacks or ransomware). The company has an excellent reputation online and offers an initial use of their trial version within 14 days for free.
- Fast recovery;
- Flexibility and ease of use;
- Multiple recovery options;
- Unlimited storage feature;
- Testing in the cloud;
- Instant data access;
- High security standards.
- Poor documentation;
- Limited security and data backup;
- Complex storage hierarchy;
- No multi-user management;
- Complaints about insufficient customer support.
- File and database server backup;
- Virtual machine backup;
- Continuous and remote backup;
- Disaster recovery;
- Cloud data protection;
- Data deduplication and replication.
10. Vembu BDR Suite
This is a set of programs that allows you to protect sensitive business information in both virtual and physical environments. The product has proven itself on the market as one of the best suitable not only for small businesses but also for large organizations operating in a multilingual business environment. You can test its functionality for free within 30 days.
- Easy-to-use interface;
- Progress tracking;
- Virtual integration;
- Windowed machine protection;
- Protection of important files and applications;
- External data replication;
- Frequent updates.
Disadvantages: price and confusing licensing system.
- Virtual and physical data centers;
- Internal file system;
- Disk-level fast recovery;
- Email notification reports;
- Flexible storage policy;
- BDRSuite multi-user architecture;
- VMware virtual machine backup recovery;
- BDRSuite Server 360.
In our opinion, the 9 programs presented are the most appropriate for small business use. All products have good or excellent feedback from users. So, we can confidently recommend them!