There has been a gradual growth in the field of cybersecurity with time. CompTIA Security + SY0-601 exam is one of the premier IT certifications to enter the area. The field is recognized globally, and it ensures that the person has the required fundamental skills needed to perform the core security functions. This exam is used to examine the basic level skills or the basic knowledge of the field. The CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam is an entry-level exam, but it is not easy to pass. If you are looking for tips and tricks to pass the CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam, this is the right place for you.
Here are some of the tips & tricks that can be beneficial and will add in passing the CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam:
Get to know the Security+ exam domains. The first step in this regard is getting to know the six Security+ fields. These are:
- Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities (21%)
- Technologies and Tools (22%)
- Architecture and Design (15%)
- Identity and Access Management (16%)
- Risk Management (14%)
- Cryptography and PKI (12%)
Gather data on each domain and study the information that comes under each of them. Focus on the area that you find challenging. Before moving to the next part, make sure that you have mastered the existing one.
1. Make a Study Plan
After knowing the domains and all the areas under them, it is time to make a study plan. Schedule your studies wisely and keep all the things belonging to the same category together. In between the domains, make sure to learn new things about the previous one and prepare yourself for the upcoming one.
Other things that need to be considered while making your study plan are:
- · The time of your examination, i.e., how soon can you go for it?
- · The amount you can spend on courses and training.
- · The training method that suits you the best.
- · The things that you already know.
2. Take Practice Exams
As this is an entry-level exam, you might be unfamiliar with the test-taking techniques and strategies. To get yourself out of that nervousness, take as many practice exams as possible. You can also go for single-domain-based practice exams. Review the CompTIA’s practice questions too.
3. Get Familiar with Your Exam.
You can get all the required information on the official site of the CompTIA security+ exam. Make sure to check that out. The site also has many valuable links and information like training providers, study material, etc. Get an overview of the exam, the certification, the number and type of questions in the exam, and the passing marks, etc.
4. Start with Free Exam Prep Resources.
A lot of sites and resources have CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam objectives and questions available for free. You can use them to evaluate your understanding of the CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam. These free exam prep resources will help you a lot, especially in making an effective study plan.
5. Find and Join a Security+ Online Community.
A simple search on Google will take you to multiple CompTIA security+ SY0-601 exam communities. Become a member of these communities and learn from the experience of others. One thing to be careful about is to beware of toxic people in these groups. A lot of people vent out their anger in these groups. So, be careful and don’t let them affect or discourage you.
6. Relax and Clear your Mind
These tips will help you in staying focused and relaxed during the exam:
- · Be aware of the time and keep a record of it.
- · Read the questions carefully.
- · Stretch and relax your muscles during the exams. It will relax your mind too.
- · Do not panic. There is nothing to feel stressed about the exam. If you cannot get through the exam this time, there is always a next chance.
The CompTIA security+ SY0-601 certification is a great thing that showcases your capability. But great things come at a cost. Only those who try hard will succeed. Therefore, put in all of your efforts and try your level best to pass the exams. Please keep all the tips mentioned above and tricks in mind and give it your best!