Voice over Internet Protocol, commonly known as VoIP, has positioned itself in the telecommunication industry as one of the most promising technologies and it is easy to understand why: this is a service that allows users to have the benefit of greater flexibility and efficiency since this cloud-based system allows users to place phone calls through a broadband connection.
In fact, flexibility is one of the major and appealing benefits of using VoIP. With this technology, users have the possibility to choose between different types of connections since VoIP systems can be configured to a variety of different methods, so netizens can get the one that makes more sense to their needs. There is no doubt that softphones are the type of connection that gives VoIP users considerably more mobility and freedom. Let’s learn more about them.
What are Softphones?
There is a high probability that users have come across the term softphone more than once while doing their research on VoIP telephony and ended up wondering how they are related. Basically, a softphone is software that allows users to make or receive phone calls using any internet-connected device.
Softphones have been designed to behave in the same way as traditional telephones do. They even have an easy-to-use interface, similar to the ones that mobile phones have. However, a softphone allows users to go beyond making and receiving calls. Through them, they can enjoy the different features that VoIP offers its users such as video conferencing, contact list, call recording, instant messages, analytics of recent call activity and many more. Softphones are not a standalone product since they are strictly connected to a VoIP system.
In order to enjoy this communication tool, it is necessary to make sure that certain requirements are met. Since softphones operate using a VoIP system to transmit the audio to their recipient, it is essential for users to have access to a strong and good internet connection with enough bandwidth to avoid compromising call quality with dropouts or other issues like latency or jitter.
With a softphone, there is no need to invest on hard phone equipment since they can be accessed through electronic devices such as computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Most VoIP providers offer their own software in their communication plans and are compatible with iOS, Android and Microsoft operating systems as well as with the main web browsers. Then, to start using them it is just as easy as downloading softphone apps into the respective devices, follow basic setup instructions, and then start enjoying the system.
Softphones Have Many Advantages
Softphones are really a great tool since they are extremely beneficial for the high number of incentives that they offer to users at a low cost without having to sacrifice the quality of the call. This software is quite easy to use, with so many built-in settings by callers, that users can customize softphones to suit their preferences and needs. Here are some of the top benefits of using softphones:
- WIDE RANGE OF FEATURES – this software provides netizens a considerable amount of features to improve and make more complete and dynamic the process of communications that include the more basic and standard ones as well as others much more sophisticated. Some of them are mute, call hold and resume, a mobile app, voicemail, instant messaging, caller ID, call recording, 3-way calling, screen sharing and many others.
- AFFORDABLE PRICE – some might think that getting a service like this could be extremely expensive due to its outstanding characteristics, but they could not be further from the truth. In general, VoIP services are inexpensive and acquiring a softphone does not represent an increase on the cost of the service. There are different price ranges for this service available, but all of them will help users to save expensive telephone bills.
- VIRTUAL NUMBERS – with a softphone, users can choose between the two types of VoIP virtual numbers: Fixed VoIP and Non-Fixed VoIP. The difference between them is that the first one is associated with a physical location while the second one is not. These virtual numbers help individuals and businesses to enjoy geographical flexibility to adjust to their rhythms of traveling in life.
- LESS EQUIPMENT – this software is perfect because there is no need to purchase expensive new equipment since it works with existing hardware. Users can enjoy softphones without any inconvenience with the devices they already have. Thus, they require less hardware than other telephony options.
- FRIENDLY EXPERIENCE – this service is very easy to use, even for those who are not very agile with technology. Installing and upgrading a softphone software is a straightforward task with a very quick setup process.
Get a Non-VoIP number
At this point, it must be very clear that getting a VoIP service is an excellent choice. There are currently many options on the market but there is one provider that stands out from the rest for its fast, convenient, trustworthy and easy to use service. Operated by the Epsilon Technology LTD company, VerifyWithSMS is a Non-VoIP US mobile number provider that offers to customers an SMS verification service to validate their accounts on a vast range of platforms.
Their phone numbers come from real SIM cards from the principal carriers, such as Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum and Comcast. This service has become one of the most used worldwide since it offers netizens a premium service at a very affordable price that facilitates the verification process for its clients.
Without a doubt this service is simple, fast and reliable. Get a Non-VoIP number with VerifyWithSMS and you will not regret it. Feel free to take a look!