The latest version of CompanionLink 5 – build 5020 – is now available on our downloads page. For those of you running Time & Chaos, you’ll be happy to hear we now support Time & Chaos 8. We’ve also added support for Intellect 4. Additionally, you’ll notice a number of general sync improvements that should help ensure things run smoothly. And because we hate bugs as much as you do, we eliminated a few bugs that had appeared on our radar!
All in all, build 5020 is a solid update. Grab it today from our downloads page, and read on for the full release notes.
Release Notes for CompanionLink 5 build 5020:
- Fixed an issue where CL was not reading Palm Desktop version 4 databases properly on Windows systems with UAC enabled.
- CompanionLink now detects if it is running in Windows compatibility mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Main phone field did not sync to Google.
- Fixed an issue where contacts that are attached to multiple ACT! contact groups could sometimes duplicate when syncing only specified ACT! contact groups.
- Fixed an issue where CompanionLink would sometimes truncate long notes in Palm Desktop version 6.
- Fixed issues syncing ACT! calendar after deleting a database user.
- Fixed issues syncing with Windows Live where a user would sometimes get “Server Error”.
- Fixed an issue where events with malformed contact link email addresses failed to sync to Windows Live.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Windows Live prevented CL from purging all Windows Live events.
- Added support for Time & Chaos version 8 and Intellect version 4.
- Fixed issue where event start/end dates were syncing incorrectly for Thailand Google calendar.
- Added code to prevent phone number fields sometimes getting remapped in ACT! after syncing with iPhone through Google Exchange ActiveSync.
- Added speed improvements for WiFi sync.
- Fixed issue that could cause random 404 errors when syncing with Google.
- Added speed improvement when syncing with ACT!.
- Minor UI improvements.
- Fixed issue syncing recurring end dates with some webOS 3.x devices.
- Fixed issue that could cause CompanionLink to erroneously report “Sync did not finish” after completing a sync with webOS.
- Fixed issue where Lotus Notes email fields could get remapped after syncing with iPhone through Google Exchange ActiveSync.
- Fixed issue where certain non-printing ASCII characters in contact data could cause sync with Highrise to fail.
- Fixed a bug that could cause duplicate records on the handheld when syncing multiple ACT! groups that contained the same contacts.
- Added support for syncing the Lotus Notes Personal Journal with handheld notes/memos applications.