We have great news if you use CompanionLink to sync with Android via USB cable! We have just released a major update to the Android app that works with CompanionLink on your PC to sync data.
The update brings many new features to the Android onboard app, including month- and week-views to your calendar. Touchscreen navigation has also been improved with the addition of swipe commands to move calendar day, week and month forwards or backwards. In addition, we have updated calendar category support that includes color-coding for easier identification of key appointments. Speed and stability have also been improved.
There is no charge for the app update. Here’s how you get the update:
1. Tap on the Android Market app on your phone.
2. Tap on Downloads to see all the apps you currently have.
3. Tap on our app, which should say “Update available” next to it.
We always welcome feedback as it helps to improve our software. Send your thoughts to www.companionlink.com/feedback.
To download a 14-day trial of CompanionLink, visit www.companionlink.com/android.
Google has updated their Contacts API. CompanionLink just released a free software update to ensure complete compatibility with Google’s changes.
Users who meet the following two criteria are advised to update their software to CompanionLink build 3076 or higher:
1. You currently use CompanionLink to sync contacts with Google, and
2. You currently use build 3075 or older
How to update your software
This update will only work if you have a registered version of a CompanionLink product.
1. Download latest version of your product from here
2. Once downloaded, launch the file to run the upgrade wizard
That’s it! All your settings should remain the same as before.
If you need additional help, CompanionLink offers a 12-month Premium Support service. This service allows a CompanionLink technician to log into your PC and configure and/or fix any problems you’re facing.