Need your ACT! data on your phone? Don’t want to pay monthly fees to get it there? Here’s how to do it.
Using a Google or Gmail account and CompanionLink, you can get subscription-free wireless sync between ACT! and BlackBerry, Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows Mobile, and Palm devices. This is possible courtesy of a free over-the-air sync service called Google Sync (offered by Google).
Total cost: $49.95, one-time. (Free phone support included)
How to set it up:
1. Download a free 14-day evaluation version of CompanionLink Express.
2. Create a free Google/Gmail account, if you don’t already have one.
3. Configure CompanionLink Express to sync ACT! to your Google/Gmail account.
(Here’s a video that shows you how.)
4. If you want to sync with an iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, or Windows Mobile device, set up the free Google Sync service with your device. If you have an Android or Palm webOS device you don’t need to set up Google Sync because those devices automatically sync with your Google account.
That’s all there is to it. We have setup guides and free support if you need it. Happy syncing!
There are many business professionals in the workforce that continue to use older versions of the ACT! CRM software. As these users upgrade to powerful new smartphones, they are looking for ways to put their ACT! CRM data on their phones. CompanionLink is proud to support the newest versions of ACT! by Sage, as well as legacy products from ACT! 4.0 through ACT! 6.0.
Read the full press release here.
For more information, visit www.companionlink.com/act.
Got a Droid, or any other Android-based device? With CompanionLink, you have two options to sync ACT! data with your Android-based phone.
1. Wireless sync with Android-based phones
One of the features of CompanionLink is its ability to sync ACT! data with Google, which automatically feeds the address book and calendar apps on Android-based phones. Customers can use CompanionLink Express or CompanionLink Professional to sync their ACT! contacts, calendar activities, notes, and history data.
2. Wired (USB) sync with Android-based phones
CompanionLink will launch a direct USB sync solution between ACT! and Android-based phones by January 1, 2010. The PC solution will work with a free Android app on the device that will include a custom calendar, tasks and notes/memos apps that support categories, priorities, and search.
This direct USB sync solution will avoid the need to sync through Google or host sensitive ACT! data on Google. Because the sync occurs locally via the USB cable that shipped with the Android-based phone, data is transmitted through a secure and closed connection between PC and phone.
Update 12/21/2009: This direct USB sync solution is now available here.