The Galaxy S6 is poised to be a departure from the past few generations of the iconic Samsung flagship GALAXY brand. BGR has a breakdown of Galaxy S6 specs that point to a Samsung-powered CPU (abandoning the Qualcomm Snapdragon), Quad HD display, mobile payments supporting magnetic and NFC terminals, and a premium metal body to further drive a wedge between the Galaxy brand and other plastic Android knock-offs. A built-in wireless charging mechanism is also an inspiring reveal that will have people wanting to buy this device for new wireless technology and vehicles that support this.
Will this be the year that Samsung also heeds the demands of the business community that focuses on PC productivity with tools like Microsoft Outlook? Microsoft has made a strong push in recent days to make up ground for PC users of Outlook. They have purchased Acompli’s IP and released an Outlook email app. They quickly followed the encore by purchasing the Sunrise calendar app.
Reports of the limitations of Kies are not greatly exaggerated
People have waxed poetic (here, here, and many others) about the challenges with Samsung Kies when attempting to sync Galaxy with Outlook. A USAToday.com columnist also shared his frustration with inadequate support for the core Outlook fields.
For those who need complete Outlook integration to justify their Galaxy S6 purchase as a business tool, our PC and mobile app suite is the one-stop solution. A $50 one-time purchase gets you the #1 Outlook to Galaxy S6 sync suite for calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, and categories. You are not locked in to a particular sync protocol that compromises the security of your data. Instead, you have the freedom to choose the sync protocol.
Secure, connect, and cloud sync options for Galaxy S6 to Outlook Sync
Our CompanionLink suite syncs the following Outlook data:
- Outlook Contacts
- Outlook Calendar
- Outlook Tasks
- Outlook Notes
- Outlook Categories
The configuration wizard lets you choose from four sync options. Each option has its pros and cons.
- USB Sync allows a connected approach to data sync. Your Outlook data is not hosted in the cloud.
- WiFi Sync allows a connected and wireless approach. Your Outlook data is synchronized using your home/office WiFi network. It is not stored in the cloud.
- DejaCloud is our private business cloud service that will keep Outlook and Galaxy S6 synchronized at all times. It is designed for multi-device setups where you have a phone, tablet, and a P. Data is stored in our private cloud, making the task of adding/removing devices and PCs as simple as configuring your DejaCloud username and password. The sync is instant and automatic.
- Sync to Google is an option that uses your Google account to keep Outlook synchronized with Galaxy S6. CompanionLink connects Outlook on your PC with your Google account. Google takes over from there to integrate that data with the pre-installed Contacts and Calendar apps on your Galaxy S6.
For a more thorough list of pros and cons of each option, please visit www.companionlink.com/gettingstarted.
Setup Guide for Galaxy S6 Outlook sync
You will need an app on both your PC and Galaxy S6. Both apps will communicate to keep data synchronized.
- Install CompanionLink on your PC. Click here to download it.
- On your Galaxy S6, launch the Google Play Store app. Search for DejaOffice and install it.
- Configure CompanionLink. Your configuration steps will depend on the sync option listed above that you choose.
- Setup guide: Galaxy S6 to Outlook USB sync
- Setup guide: Galaxy S6 to Outlook WiFi sync
- Setup guide: Galaxy S6 to Outlook DejaCloud sync (automatic)
- Setup guide: Galaxy S6 to Outlook using a Google account
- If you select DejaCloud sync, the synchronization will begin automatically within a few minutes. If you selected USB, WiFi, or sync to Google, you need to click on the Sync button in CompanionLink on your PC to start the first sync.
Further help for Galaxy S6 to Outlook sync
Call us at 503-243-3400 if you need further help. Support is free to everyone with a Galaxy S6 phone, regardless of whether you do or do not own a license to CompanionLink . You can also access our setup guides online. If you want an advanced configuration help, we offer a $49 RunStart package where our experts will log in to your PC and Galaxy S6 to configure the sync for you. This gives you the peace of mind that your Galaxy S6 to PC sync is fine-tuned to match your needs.
No related posts.