Setup Guide - Sync your PC with DejaCloud
ATTENTION: DejaCloud requires CompanionLink build 5036 or later, and DejaOffice version 2.2.7 or later. Download the latest software here - http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
Set up CompanionLink on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select No Device - Sync with DejaCloud from the first drop-down option (Select the device you want to sync with...). Click the gear icon next to this dropdown to open the DejaCloud settings.
- You should now be promped to create an account. Follow the onscreen instructions, and then return to CompanionLink and enter your email address and password.
- Select your contact manager from next drop-down option (Select your PC or web database...) and configure your contact manager settings.
How to sync
- You can initiate a sync by simply pressing the Sync button in CompanionLink.
- Autosync can be enabled in Advanced Settings.
Set up DejaCloud on another PC or device
- Sync DejaCloud with an Android device
- If you wish to sync DejaCloud with another PC, simply follow this guide again and install CompanionLink on the second PC.
Setup Video - Sync Android with Outlook via DejaCloud
Before You Start
If this is your first time using CompanionLink, we recommend you take a minute and review our Sync 101 page. It contains helpful information about how to prepare a proper sync environment to minimize potential problems.
DejaCloud is a secure hosted sync service from CompanionLink. More info about DejaCloud.
Back up your data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
Install CompanionLink on your PC - http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html
For more details, view full instructions on how to install CompanionLink.
The 14-day trial software is fully functional. To register your paid license, enter the name and email address you used to purchase the software in the CompanionLink registration window (File > Register).
For more information, view full registration instructions.
Create a DejaCloud account
- Open the CompanionLink Setup icon from your desktop or start menu.
- In the first drop-down menu, select "No device - Sync with DejaCloud".
- Click the gear icon next to this drop-down to open the DejaCloud Settings.
- You need to make a DejaCloud account. Follow the onscreen instructions, or visit this page to create an account - http://sync.dejacloudsync.com/account/create.php
- Once your account is created, return to CompanionLink, enter your email address and password, then click OK.
You can always view the status of your DejaCloud account here - http://sync.dejacloudsync.com/account/
Once you have configured CompanionLink with your DejaCloud credentials, select the database you wish to sync with (such as Microsoft Outlook) from the next drop-down option.
Configuring your database settings
You will now need to configure CompanionLink with the database you wish to sync with. Each contact manager (such as Microsoft Outlook) works a bit differently, and has its own unique settings to configure.
Advanced settings and other options
To select specific folders to sync with, create custom field mapping, change auto-sync settings and more, configure Advanced Settings.
Perform a Sync
- You can initiate a sync any time by simply pressing the Sync button in CompanionLink.
- Auto-Sync can be configured in Advanced Settings.
If you are unable to synchronize, please contact our support team - http://www.companionlink.com/support/contact.html
Next Step: Configure another PC, Mac, or mobile device to sync with DejaCloud
Now that your data has been synced, you'll want to configure another client to sync with your DejaCloud account:
- If you wish to sync your PC with an Android device via DejaCloud, view our full Setup Guide - Sync your Android device with DejaCloud
- If you wish to sync your PC with an iPhone or iPad via DejaCloud, view our full Setup Guide - Sync your iPhone or iPad with DejaCloud
- If you wish to sync your PC with another PC via DejaCloud, simply follow these instructions again on the second PC.
- If you wish to sync your PC with a Mac via DejaCloud, view our full Setup Guide - Sync your Mac with DejaCloud