Would you like to upgrade your skills in networking and become an IT expert? The CCIE R&S certification is what you need. The CCIE R&S goes for Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching. This credential is suitable for IT experts who want to go to the next level and learn how to operate and fix complex network infrastructures. As the IT job market is constantly changing, data processing professionals need to keep up the pace with all these changes. When you reach an expert level of knowledge, you will still need to put effort into grasping the latest market developments.
The Cisco CCIE Enterprise Certification and associated 400-101 exam will thus help consolidate your position in the industry with this top credential, and always propose you an advantage over the challengers.
This article outlines the details of the CCIE R&S certification attainment and gives tips for the successful passing of 400-101 test.
Process of Getting CCIE R&S Certification
The CCIE R&S credential requires expert-level knowledge. It is a suitable certification for senior network engineers who have 7+ years of practical experience. Even though there are no prerequisites on any training programs or certifications, candidates will have to pass several tests before getting the certificate.
They will have to pass first a written qualification exam. A lab exam where candidates will have to demonstrate their practical experience will follow. Therefore, having prior experience in related domains will help you to increase your chances to get a top score in 400-101 exam.
The first step will be to pass the CCIE R&S 400-101 exam which lasts for two hours. It covers all the topics related to networking concepts. Applicants will receive 90-110 items with questions related to the configurations, validation, and necessary troubleshooting actions for complex network infrastructure. Thus, you should know very well how infrastructure components work and interact with each other.
Once you have demonstrated during the written test that you have the right knowledge to obtain the CCIE R&S certification, you will move to the next step, which is the lab exam. It lasts for eight hours. The test covers various timed situations where you will have to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to earn this certification. In case you do not pass the lab exam, you shouldn’t worry too much. You can retake it within 12 months from the last attempt.
400-101 Exam Topics
During the written exam, you will receive questions on the following topics:
- Layer 2 Technologies
- Layer 3 Technologies
- Network principles
- Infrastructure security
- Evolving technologies v1.1
- VPN technologies
- Infrastructure services
Lab Exam Overview
The lab exam lasts eight hours, during which applicants have to configure real equipment and troubleshoot the network within the limited timeframe, being supplied with all relevant Cisco documentation in the lab room. However, this exam requires substantial knowledge of protocols and technologies. Applicants are not allowed to bring any external training materials. Moreover, by receiving the grading from a proctor, the candidates’ performance is being evaluated. Proctors use an automatic system of grading to ensure high objectiveness. The lab test is split into two modules. The Troubleshooting module lasts for 2 hours. If time is not enough, you can ask for 30 extra minutes, which will be taken from the second, Configuration module. In case you finish the first module faster, the remaining time will be added to the Configuration module.
Recertification Requirements for the CCIE R&S Certification
The Cisco CCIE R&S accreditation is valid for two years. Keeping it active demonstrates your strong commitment to improving your career and becoming an expert in your domain. In case you don’t manage to pass the recertification exam, your certification will be canceled, and you will lose all benefits associated with it. You still have another year to renew your CCIE R&S certification and avoid the risk of becoming inactive and re-take the certification process. If you are not sure when your certificate expires, you can always check it in the Certification Status section. Just check the date on your license and calculate 24 months from it.
You should also pay attention to the following recertification conditions when the time comes:
- Attend the Cisco Continuing Education Program and earn the necessary points for the extension, or
- Get the passing score on a CCIE R&S written or lab exam, or
- Pass the CCDE written or practical exam, or
- Receive approval during the CCAr interview and board review.
- Once you have the extension for the CCIE R&S certification, you will also automatically broaden the validity term for the CCNP and CCNA credentials.
- You must wait 15 calendar days between taking written exam attempts.
- If you haven’t met the CCIE recertification requirements on or before the cert’s expiration date, your CCIE credential will be suspended for one year, and you have one year to be recertified by passing the written exam.
Ensure Success in the CCIE R&S 400-101 Exam with Cisco Resources
- Practice materials
Cisco is an appreciated IT certification vendor thanks to its variety of training tools. If you want to obtain a top score in 400-101 exam, you should start with the hands-on lab environment. You can attend the Mobile CCIE R&S labs overview, and utilize the full-fledged CCIE R&S lab exam study materials, stuffed with suggested learning, online resources, quick learning modules, and study documents, to name a few. Otherwise, you can check Evolving Technologies common for all certification tracks.
- Individual learning materials
Appreciate the CCIE R&S technical workshops, written exam study materials, IT training videos and seminars, and many more possibilities proposed by the vendor for your 400-101 exam success.
Exam labs 400-101 Exam Training Options
- Ambitious candidates will appraise the high-quality 400-101 Premium Package open for a discounted price of just $39.98. The bundle is set up with 700+ answers and questions, a reliable study guide and a training course of 65 lectures. This batch will equip you with practically all necessary knowledge you need to pass both the written 400-101 and the lab CCIE R&S tests! Before purchasing this premium bundle, you can try using free and updated exam dumps that are available at Exam labs website as well. They will give you the insight of what is waiting for you at the exam, thus you’ll hone your skills and be more confident at the exam.
- Well, in order to be on the safe side, you are also recommended to check out the ETE test simulator rebuilding the actual exam setting. This software will enable you analyzing your study progress and defining weak spots, so don’t miss it to be comprehensively prepared for the exam.
- Remember about 400-101 Training Course possibility to excel in your certificate acquisition! The top qualified IT instructors will share with you the information on the exam that you won’t find anywhere else!
The CCIE R&S certification represents your ticket for a secure and consolidated position in IT. If you are a senior network engineer who wants to stay updated with routing and switching developments, this credential is exactly what you need. Cisco is a valid and acknowledged vendor thanks to its reputation and comprehensive package of training materials to help you successfully pass the exam, proceeding arm in arm with Exam labs exam dumps and other training materials.