How to get started with DejaOffice CRM App on iPhone and iPad
Installing DejaOffice for iPhone and iPad
You will first need to download the DejaOffice app on your Apple device.
- Find and open the App Store on your device
- Select the Search icon on the bottom right
- Type "DejaOffce" and tap search
- Below "DejaOffice CRM with PC Sync" tap "Get" or if you have had DejaOffice installed previously tap the Cloud icon.
Welcome to DejaOffice and CRM Styles
After first installing DejaOffice app it will open to the Setup Wizard to help you get started.
- 1. Outlook Style - This CRM Style sets the Task Priority Style to Outlook Style. (High, Medium, Low.)
- 2. Act! Style - This CRM Style adds the Activity Type field to DejaCalendar. (Call, Meeting, Appointment, etc).
- 3. Goldmine Style - This CRM Style adds the Activity Type field to DejaCalendar. (Call, Meeting, Appointment, etc).
- 4. Franklin Covey Style - This CRM Style sets the Task Priority Style to Franklin Covey Style. (A1, A2, A3, etc).
- 5. Palm Desktop Style - This CRM Style sets the Task Priority Style to Palm Desktop Style (1-5).
- 6. DejaOffice Style - This CRM Style sets the Task Priority Style to High, Medium, Low.
You can change these options at any time in the DejaOffice Settings, under the General settings and select CRM Style.
Selecting the Sync Method
In this screen you can choose your Sync Method:
- DejaCloud Sync (Recommended) - Choosing this Sync Method sets DejaOffice to our DejaCloud sync. Enter your current DejaCloud Email and Password. If you do not yet have an account, select the "Create DejaCloud Account" option.
- Note: If you have a DejaCloud Account, you can confirm you have entered the Email and Password correctly by tapping the "Check username and password" option. If we find a valid account you will recieve a "Success!" message. If you do not get this message, ensure you have a network connection (Cellular or Wifi) and verify your Login and Password.
- 2. USB Sync - No further Settings are required on the DejaOffice side.
- 3. Wi-fi Sync - No further settings are needed on the DejaOffice side.
- Note: Selecting Wi-fi sync will display your phone's current IP address. This will be needed by CompanionLink on the PC for sync.
- 3. None - No further settings are needed on the DejaOffice side, this sets DejaOffice to standalone mode.
You can change these options at any time in the DejaOffice Settings, under Sync Settings and select Sync Method.
Native Sync Settings
Enabling the Native Sync options allows you sync the DejaOffice Contacts and Calendar with the "Native" Apple Contacts and Calendar App. We typically do not recommend the Native Calendar sync as the Apple Calendar is much more simplistic than the DejaCalendar.
- 1. Sync with Apple's Contacts App - Enabling this setting syncs the DejaOffice Contacts into the Native Apple Contacts App.
- Note: When enabled if the Account lists iCloud, Gmail, or Exchange, these accounts are also syncing to their source account and this can cause a sync loop which can result in duplication.
- 2. Sync with Apple's Calendar App - Enabling this setting syncs the DejaOffice Calendar with the "Native" Apple Calendar App.
To sync to these Native Apps, DejaOffice does need permissions to access them, when you enable either native sync, if you see a prompt to "Allow Access" for DejaOffice, select Ok\Allow.
Completing the Setup
Select Done in the top right and you are ready to Sync.
For sync methods other than DejaCloud you may need to configure CompanionLink on the PC to complete the link. For help with the CompanionLink Setup on the PC, please use one of the following Setup Guides. Be sure to select the same Sync Method you chose in DejaOffice: