How to Replace Android Sync with CompanionLink for Outlook
Android-Sync has recently stopped functioning in later versions of Android OS. The following guide will help you switch to CompanionLink for Outlook using USB sync just like Android-Sync.
CompanionLink for Outlook provides the following advantages over Android-Sync:
- US based company with Telephone Tech support.
- Fully supported for Android 8, 9 and 10.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cloud Sync methods in addition to USB.
- Optional Mobile CRM with Color Categories supports Outlook Tasks, and Notes.
Purchase, Install, and Register CompanionLink (90 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- To Purchase CompanionLink, please Click Here to find out Purchase Page.
- After Purchasing CompanionLink you will receive an email with a direct download link. Click Here for our guide on Installing.
- Once installed, Click Here for our guide to registering your purchase.
- Note: You can also try CompanionLink as 14 Day Free Trial.
Installing DejaOffice on your Phone
- Open the Google Play store on the device.
- Tap search at the top of the Play Store and search for DejaOffice.
- Tap on DejaOffice from the results and select Install.
Setting up Direct Sync Mode on your Phone
- After downloading and installing DejaOffice, Open the App and follow the Setup Wizard. Click Here for our guide on using DejaOffice Direct Sync Mode.
If you would like to use Wifi, Bluetooth or DejaCloud sync. During the Setup Wizard in the step above select the Sync Method you would like to use instead of USB. Find the following corresponding guide to help:
Setting Categories to Groups on the Phone
To Enable syncing Outlook Contact Categories to Android Contact Groups:
- Open DejaOffice on the phone.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top left and select Settings.
- Select Sync Settings and under the "Sync with Android Contacts App" option put a check in "Sync DejaOffice Contact Categories to Android Contact Groups".
- Note: If you have already setup and synced, in the same Sync Settings menu, put a check in "Reread All Native Data on Nest Sync".
Hide or Clear Android Sync Contacts and Calendar
The original data synced in from Android-Sync will be in a separate Account from where DejaOffice will place its records. There are two options for removing the data that Android-Sync added to the Phone.
Option 1: Hide the old Calendar\Contact Data.
- Open the Android Contacts App (This will just be called "Contacts").
- Select the 3 bars on the left of the current contacts list.
- Tap the "All Contacts" option in the top left and select DejaOffice.
Repeat the same steps for Calendar, but uncheck the Android-Sync calendar from the pop-out menu in the Android Calendar App.
Option 2: Delete the old Calendar\Contact Data.
- Open DejaOffice.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right and select Settings. (If in Full Featured CRM Mode, just select Settings).
- Select Sync Settings.
- For Contacts: At the bottom of the Sync Settings menu select the "Delete Contacts from Android Contacts App" and select the "Android-Sync" Account only. Select "Yes" and tap Ok when the deletion Completes.
- For Calendar: At the bottom of the Sync Settings menu select the "Delete Events from Android Calendar App" and select the "Android-Sync" Account only. Select "Yes" and tap Ok when the deletion Completes.
- Note: This will delete any records in the Android-Sync "Native" accounts in the phone, please be sure the PC\Outlook has the best set of Data before doing this. Also do not select any accounts other than the "Android-Sync" Accounts as some other accounts can be linked and removing that data in the Phone would remove that data from the Source Account.
Using DejaOffice in the Full Features CRM Mode
DejaOffice has a Full Featured CRM mode which allows for Outlook Tasks, Notes and Color Categories to Sync. For more information about our Full Featured Mode Click Here. To change DejaOffice to the Full Featured Mode:
- Open DejaOffice.
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right and select Settings.
- Select Setup Wizard, change to selection to the "Full Featured CRM Mode" then tap Skip.
This will unlock access to the Full Functionality of DejaOffice.