Advanced Settings Tabs
Advanced Settings Tabs
This guide goes over the generic advanced options available in all versions of CompanionLink, for database specific settings see the below quick links.
- Configuring specific settings for Outlook
- Configuring specific settings for ACT!
- Configuring specific settings for Palm Desktop
- Configuring specific settings for Lotus Notes
- Settings for all other PIM/CRM databases
Accessing Advanced Settings in CompanionLink 6
~ Click Settings on the main setup screen of CompanionLink and then click Advanced.
Accessing Advanced Settings in CompanionLink 5
~ Click Advanced Settings on the main CompanionLink Setup screen.
General Settings Tab
- Personal Category
- This option allows you to specify if you would like content assigned to the Personal Category to synchronize.
- This option allows you to specify whether or not you would like CompanionLink to run during your PC's startup cycle.
Calendar Setting Tab
- Calendar Alarms
- This option allows you to determine if you wish to sync alarms associated with your calendar.
- Date Range
- This option allows you to set date range of how far back you would like to sync
- Completed Records
- This option allows you to transfer records that are shown as complete in your Calendar and Tasks
Field Mapping Tab
- Each of these is an option for which fields you would like to sync. If you have created special fields or do not find a specific field listed by default simply change one of the fields to the field you wish to sync.
Phone Format Tab
- Use US Formatting for Phone Numbers
- This always you to specify the phone numbers to be synced in a US format
- Automatically Include Extensions
- This allows you to specify whether to automatically include extensions
- Clear Leading Zero
- This allows you to automatically clear the leading zero from in front of phone numbers
- Format Phone Numbers for Windows Mobile Devices
- This option allows Windows Mobile users to apply this format to their phone numbers prior to them being synced to the device.
- Sync all Country Codes
- This allows you to specify whether to include all country codes when syncing.
- Symbol to use for Extensions
- Determines which symbol to use as an extension.
- Local Country Code
- Specifies the local country code.
- Data Types to Sync
- The left lists the sync-able data types and can be selected by checking them off.
- The drop-downs allow you to choose your direction of sync.
- The check boxes on the right allow you to wipe data prior to sync.
- Deletion Preferences
- This allows you to set which databases will be allowed to delete items.
- Handling Conflicts
- This allows you to set how changes are reflected in each database.
- NOTE: This option does not display in all versions.