Advanced Settings Tabs
Advanced Settings Tabs
This guide goes over the generic advanced options available in all versions of CompanionLink, for database specific settings see the below quick links.
- Configuring specific settings for Outlook
- Configuring specific settings for ACT!
- Configuring specific settings for Palm Desktop
- Configuring specific settings for Lotus Notes
- Settings for all other PIM/CRM databases
- Personal Category - This option allows you to specify if the personal category should or should not be synchronized. Turn this option OFF, if you do not want to synchronize personal records from Outlook. Any records categorized as "Personal" will not sync. Otherwise, if you want all records from Outlook to sync, leave this option selected.
- Startup - This option enables CompanionLink to start when the PC is turned on.
- Completed Tasks - Turning this option on will synchronize "All" completed Tasks to your device. With the option off, if a task is marked as completed in Outlook, the task will not synchronize.
- Contact Groups - This option allows you to sync Contact Groups from Outlook to the device.
- This option will not appear for syncs with Google.
- Attachments - By default this option is turned OFF. Turn this option on to synchronize attachments linked to records in Outlook.
- Syncing attachments with DejaCloud requires an extra option to be enabled. Please contact us if you wish to sync attachments using DejaCloud.
- Calendar Alarms - This option allows to specify whether or not to synchronize alarms.
- Date Range - By default this option is set to 90 days. This means the sync will only synchronize the last 90 days of historical calendar events. You can change the settings to the amount of past days you wish to sync. This option only refers to past days, future events will always sync.
- Attendees - This option allows you to synchronize the attendees list from Outlook meeting invitations.
- This option does not exist for Google syncs.
Field mapping gives you the option to choose which fields are mapped from Outlook. Most Outlook contact fields are mapped by default. Usually, field mapping is only needed if you have custom fields or need a specific field to be mapped.
- The fields on the left that cannot be changed, are the Device fields.
- The fields on the right in the drop-down boxes are Outlook fields.
- Select All Categories to sync all Outlook records or select Selected Categories to sync only a subset of your Outlook data, by filtering the sync using Outlook categories.
- Use this option to set the category filter to specific conduits. You can set the filter only one conduit or to all conduits. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes)
- Select which Outlook categories will be included in the synchronization. Any data that does not belong to the selected categories will not sync.
- This option will format phone number using US Format. (e.g. (503) 243-5200)
- This option will include extension numbers, behind the phone number, separated by "symbol to use for extension". (e.g. (503) 243-5200;340)
- This option will delete the leading 0 from any phone number.
- This option will sync all country codes with phone numbers. With the option OFF the sync will sync all country codes except the local country code.
- This option lets you set what symbol is used for extensions. Note: The correct symbol has to be used for specific phones to be able to dial extensions (e.g. iPhone and Android uses ; (simicolon))
- This should be set to the local country code. (e.g. US =1; UK = 44)
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes, journals)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Outlook to Device; Device to Outlook; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using Outlook Data.
- Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Outlook as your primary database, and you delete content on your device the content would remain in Outlook.
- If you select the Device as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Outlook the content would remain in the Device.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Outlook or the Device will be deleted on the other side.
- Note - By default this option is set as "Outlook is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on the device in Outlook. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
- 5. Reread - These advanced options are typically reserved for troubleshooting and do not need to be changed.
1. Auto Sync:
- Realtime - This option detects changes added to the selected Database and adds them to\from the Device within a few seconds.
- Every "" - This option sets an auto sync at an interval of your choosing.
- Daily "" - This option sets an auto sync for once a day at the selected time.
- Manual - This option allows you to control the CompanionLink sync manually.
2. Language - This option allows you to set CompanionLink to a different language.
- For the language change to take full effect you many need to close and reopen CompanionLink.
3. Sync Time - This option allows you to further specify when the selected auto sync can take place.