Configuring CompanionLink for ACT!
Configuring ACT! Settings in CompanionLink
- CompanionLink will fill in the most recently opened database.
- Open ACT and go to Help > About > Database Information.
- Make sure that the ACT database information, matches the database settings in CompanionLink.
- You would select this option if you wish to have all of your ACT! contacts synced.
- You would select this option if you only wish to have specific groups syncing.
- This allows you to specify which group/category new contacts from the PDA will be added to.
- In some cases multiple users may be utilizing the same ACT! Database. In this field you can confirm which user you wish for the incoming records to be associated with.
- If you wish to sync all records from ACT! to your device you would select this option.
- If you wish to sync records for specific users, including only your own you can select this option then choose which users information you would like to be synced.
- This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes, journals)
- This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. ACT! to Device; Device to ACT!; Sync both ways)
- This option will wipe/delete all the Device data first, then reload the Device using ACT! Data.
*Note: Use this option with caution and always make sure you have backed up your data.
4.Deletion Preferences - By default this option is set as "ACT! is primary..." which will prevent the synchronization from deleting any data in ACT!. This is usually recommended, to protect the ACT! database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
CompanionLink Advanced Settings for ACT!
For more information on CompanionLink Advance Settings and tab definitions: Click Here