Samsung Galaxy Device Specific Notes
This page contains information on Samsung Galaxy devices and their connection modes. The information below will tell you what mode your device needs to be in to sync via Direct USB (Mass Storage Mode).
Common Samsung Galaxy Devices
Galaxy SIII | Galaxy Nexus | Galaxy Nexus S | Galaxy Nexus 7 | Galaxy SII | Galaxy Note and Note 2
To synchronize via Direct USB, connect the device in MTP Mode.
Other Samsung devices
To synchronize via Direct USB (Mass Storage Mode), the devices below must be in Mass Storage mode.
Samsung Galaxy S (GT-i9000)
Settings › About Phone › USB Settings > Mass Storage.
Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) | Samsung Mesmerize (U.S. Cellular)
Settings › USB Settings > Mass Storage.
Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint)
Connect USB Cable › Select "Charging". NOTE: Requires a driver update from Samsung
Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile) | Samsung Captivate (AT&T) | Samsung Infuse 4G (AT&T)
Settings › Applications › USB Settings > Mass Storage. More Info
Samsung Galaxy Tab (7-inch)
Settings › Wireless and network › USB Settings > Mass Storage.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (10-inch)
Connect the device in MTP Mode
Samsung Droid Charge (Verizon)
- Start with the phone disconnected
- On the phone, go to Settings › USB Settings > Mass Storage
- Connect the device to the PC
- Pull down the notification bar and select "Turn off USB storage"
- Select "Stop" or "Disconnect storage from PC" and then open DejaOffice and select "Sync"
- When the PC sync completes select "Stop" or "OK" on the device to complete the sync
- NOTE: If your device does not mount its USB storage automatically when connecting to the PC, please skip step 4.
Samsung Stratosphere (Verizon)
Settings -> USB Settings -> Ask on Connection
- NOTE: DejaOffice is unable to mount the USB drive on some devices if this connection is set to Mass Storage
If you have trouble synchronizing
Please see our Troubleshooting Guide for Direct USB Sync.