How to sync Google Calendar with Outlook Calendar - One-way and Two-way - Any version of Outlook and Microsoft 365
Free One-Way Sync - Google Calendar to Outlook
Outlook and Google have a built in method for publishing your Google Calendar online so it can be viewed in Outlook. This method involves adding the "Secret" calendar URL from Google to Outlook as a "Shared Internet Calendar". To add the Google Calendar to Outlook:
- Login to your Google Calendar (google.com/calendar).
- In the left column, hover over the calendar you want to add to Outlook, select the three dots beside the calendar, and choose"Settings and sharing."
- Click "Integrate Calendar" on the left column and find the "Secret Address in iCal Format" link. Copy this link.
- Open Outlook, select Calendar, choose Add in the top right, and select "From Internet".
- Paste the link from Step 3 into menu that opens, click Ok and choose "Yes" to add the calendar.
- (For Outlook.com) at Step 4 - Open Outlook.com via a browser, select Calendar, choose Add Calendar on the left under "My Calendars", and select "Subscribe from the Web".
This will add a new Calendar in Outlook under the My Calendars list on the left. This is a Read Only Calendar that will display your google events in Outlook.
- Note: This Display calendar will be updated on a Send\Receive in Outlook. Your publish URL is available to anyone online to copy your calendar.
Two-Way Sync - Secure Outlook sync for Google Calendar, Contacts and Tasks
You need a 3rd Party tool for Two-Way Sync from Outlook to Google. There are some free options available. Few handle both Contacts and Calendar, and also a portable and perpetual license.
CompanionLink offers more options than any vendor, and is unique in providing US based telephone technical support. You can install and set up the software in about 10 minutes:
- Install CompanionLink for Google. Click Here for a direct link to the installer.
- Open CompanionLink and select Settings on the left.
- A Google sign-in page will appear. Sign into the Google Account you want to sync with.
- Click the Allow Access button in the bottom right to finalize the Google Login.
- Click Ok in the bottom right and press the Sync button to start the synchronization.
For more settings using CompanionLink for Google, please Click Here for our Advanced Google Settings guide.