CompanionLink for Google Advanced Settings
Google Settings Tab
- If your Google account becomes unauthorized to sync or you need to change the Google account you are syncing with, using the "Request New OAuth Token" button will allow you to resign into Google and select a different account.
- If you are unable to Sign in to Google with the above, the Manual OAuth Process will provide an alternative method for allowing CompanionLink to access Google. Typically this will not be necessary.
General Settings Tab
- Personal Category - This option allows you to specify if the personal category should or should not be synchronized. Turn this option OFF, if you do not want to synchronize personal records from Outlook. Any records categorized as "Personal" will not sync. Otherwise, if you want all records from Outlook to sync, leave this option selected.
- Startup - This option enables CompanionLink to start when the PC is turned on.
- Category - Unlike Outlook Google does not support Categorization. This option places the Outlook Category Name in the Note field of the Contact\Calendar item in Google.
- Outlook Autosync - This option prevents auto syncing if Outlook is closed.
- This option allows you to Sync Event Alarms to and from Google.
- This option allows you to control the Date Range of past events that sync to\from Google.
- If you only want to sync the default calendar you would select this option. This is the main calendar that comes with every Google Account.
- Google allows the creation of multiple calendars. If you wish to synchronize the content of all your calendars you would select this option.
- If you wish to only synchronize specific calendars you would select this option and then choose the corresponding calendar.
- Google does not support categorization as some databases do, this option can sync an assigned color category of an event in your database (if your database supports this) to an Event Color in Google.
Advanced Settings Tab
- 1. Auto Sync:
- Realtime - This option detects changes added to the selected Database and adds them to\from the Device within a few seconds.
- Every "" - This option sets an auto sync at an interval of your choosing.
- Daily "" - This option sets an auto sync for once a day at the selected time.
- Manual - This option allows you to control the CompanionLink sync manually.
- 2. Language - This option allows you to set CompanionLink to a different language.
- For the language change to take full effect you many need to close and reopen CompanionLink.
- 3. Outlook Addin - This helps CompanionLink to detect changes in Outlook for the Real Time Auto Sync.
- 4. Sync Time - This option allows you to further specify when the selected auto sync can take place.
- 5. Proxy Settings - This allows you to enter your proxy settings if your machine is using a Proxy.
More Advanced Settings
- From the main CompanionLink settings, click "Advanced" in the bottom left for even more settings.
- Data Types to Sync - This option allows you to select which data types to synchronize. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task)
- Sync Directions - This option allows you to set the sync direction. (i.e. Outlook to Google; Google to Outlook; Sync both ways)
- Wipe Options - These options allow you wipe/delete individual datasets in Google, then reload using the Outlook Data.
- Note - Always use caution with any wipe option. We always recommend you have a copy of your data backed up.
- 4. Deletion Preferences - This option allows you to choose a Primary Database for deletions.
- If you select Outlook as your primary database, and you delete content in Google the content would remain in Outlook.
- If you select the Google as the Primary Database, and you delete content on your Outlook the content would remain in the Google.
- If you select Records Deleted in Either will be synchronized, content deleted in either Outlook or Google will be deleted on the other side.
- Note - By default this option is set as "Outlook is primary..." which will prevent the sync from deleting any items deleted on Google in Outlook. This is usually recommended, to protect the PC database from deletions. New and/or modified records will still synchronize. You can change the settings to synchronize deleted records in both directions if desired.
- 5. Reread - These advanced options are typically reserved for troubleshooting and do not need to be changed.
Outlook Folders Tab
- This option allows you to specify which folder from Outlook you would like to sync.
- This option allows you to specify whether or not to sync subfolders.
- If you only use one list of Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks in Outlook, you do not need this option enabled.
Category Filter Tab
- Select All Categories to sync all Outlook records or select Selected Categories to sync only a subset of your Outlook data, by filtering the sync using Outlook categories.
- Use this option to set the category filter to specific conduits. You can set the filter only one conduit or to all conduits. (i.e. contacts, calendar, task, notes)
- Select which Outlook categories will be included in the synchronization. Any data that does not belong to the selected categories will not sync.
Phone Format Tab
- This option will format phone number using US Format. (e.g. (503) 243-5200)
- This option will include extension numbers, behind the phone number, separated by "symbol to use for extension". (e.g. (503) 243-5200;340)
- This option will delete the leading 0 from any phone number.
- This option will sync all country codes with phone numbers. With the option OFF the sync will sync all country codes except the local country code.
- This option lets you set what symbol is used for extensions. Note: The correct symbol has to be used for specific phones to be able to dial extensions (e.g. iPhone and Android uses ; (simicolon))
- This should be set to the local country code. (e.g. US =1; UK = 44)