How to sync two or more databases to a single device
You can sync two or more databases with a single device (or Google account) by using the Category Manager feature in CompanionLink Professional.
CompanionLink keeps the data from each database separated on the device by using categories. The database names on your PC will match the category names on the device. (This means that if your database contains categories, these will not sync to the device because the device uses categories represent each database.)
1. To get started, go ahead and set up CompanionLink normally - choose the primary database you use. You'll add the other databases later.
2. When you've gone through the initial setup, click the Category Manager button.
3. Select the conduit you wish to modify (contacts, calendar, etc.), then click the Create New Category button. Label this category how you want it to appear on the device (it is common to name these the same as your database, e.g. "Outlook" or "Lotus Notes", so it's clear on the device which database they belong to).
4. You'll now want to point this category to the matching database. Select your newly created category, click Application Settings, then click Yes.
In the Application tab, select the additional database software you wish to sync with (this will be represented on the device by the category name you have just entered). Configure any database-specific sync settings here.
5. You should now be back at the Category Manager window. Tap Create New Category to create your second category, then follow the above steps for each additional database you wish to sync with. Repeat for each addition database you wish to sync.
In this example, Outlook is our primary database, and we've set up special device categories for the ACT! contacts and calendar:
6. Hit OK. You're now ready to sync!
If you want to create a new record from your device, just make sure to apply the category that matches the original database you want them to appear in, and they will sync back to the correct database.