Setup Guide - Sync Outlook with Windows Phone 8 (via Wi-Fi)
Works with Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile (not yet released)
UPDATE: Build 6010 of CompanionLink 6 now has a pairing function which allows the program to find the IP and device name for you. When configuring CompanionLink WiFi settings simply click pair device and then tap sync in DejaOffice to automatically configure the IP address and device name.
Before proceeding, please make a backup of your database.
Setup DejaOffice on your Windows Phone 8 device
- Install DejaOffice from the Windows Phone Store
- Connect your Windows Phone 8 device to the same local Wi-Fi network as your PC.
- Open DejaOffice, then tap "Settings" and ensure that you select Wi-Fi Sync as your sync method.
- Tap "Wi-Fi Settings" and record the IP address and device name (You'll need this when configuring CompanionLink).
- OPTIONAL: Configure DejaOffice to sync with the native Windows phone application (in Sync Settings)
Set up CompanionLink on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Settings (The menu may pop up automatically if this is your first setup).
- Select Microsoft Outlook from the first drop-down option (Select your PC or web database...).
- Select Window Phone 8 from the second drop-down option (Select the device you want to sync with...).
- Select Local Wifi Sync from the third drop-down option (Select your sync method...), and carefully read through the prompts. Next please enter your Windows 8 Phone's IP here. NOTE: You will need to enter the IP address and device name you saw in DejaOffice (DejaOffice Settings > Sync Settings)
How to sync (Full Instructions)
- Ensure that your Windows 8 device is connected to your Wi-Fi network, and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
- Open CompanionLink on your PC, and click the "Synchronize" button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice. Please refrain from disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network until synchronization completes.
Database Configuration Guides