Setup Guide - Sync BlackBerry 10 via WiFi
UPDATE: Build 6010 of CompanionLink 6 now has a pairing function which allows the program to find the IP and device name for you. When configuring CompanionLink WiFi settings simply click pair device and then tap sync in DejaOffice to automatically configure the IP address and device name.
If you want to synchronize directly to the BlackBerry 10 applications from your PC database, you can do so with an application called DejaHub. Click here for directions.
CompanionLink offers a remote configuration service where we will set up everything for you called RunStart. CompanionLink also provides direct help from our expert technicians through Premium Support.
Configure DejaOffice on your BlackBerry 10 device
- Connect your BlackBerry 10 device to the same network as your PC via WiFi.
- Open DejaOffice then tap Setup Wizard and ensure that you select Local WiFi Sync as your sync method.
- The following screen of the Setup Wizard will display an IP Address and Device Name, write this down (You'll need this when configuring CompanionLink).
Configure CompanionLink 6 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu and click Settings.
- In the With section select BlackBerry 10 OS and Playbook OS from the top drop-down and then set the bottom one to Local WiFi Sync.
- Click Settings under the With section and enter the IP and Device Name you gathered from DejaOffice.
- In the From Section select the Database you wish to sync with (e.g. Outlook, ACT!, Palm Desktop).
Configure CompanionLink 5 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu.
- Select BlackBerry 10 OS and Playbook OS from the Select the device you want to sync with... drop-down.
- Select Sync via Local WiFi from the Select your sync method... drop-down.
- Select your contact manager from the Select your PC or web database... drop-down.
- Click the gear icon next to the drop-down labeled Sync via Local WiFi and enter the IP and Device Name you gathered from DejaOffice.
Database Configuration Guides
- Configuration instructions for Microsoft Outlook.
- Configuration instructions for ACT!, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop, and all other databases.
- Configuring Advanced Settings allows you to set field mapping, configure database folders, and much more.
How to sync
- Ensure that your BlackBerry 10 device is connected to your WiFi network, and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
- Open CompanionLink on your PC, and click the Synchronize button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice.