How to sync multiple Outlook Folders to Separate Google Calendars
Configuring Google Calendar
- 1. Start by logging into your Google Calendar via the browser of your choice.
- 2. Create calendars in Google that will be associated with your Outlook Folders.
- Note: You will need to repeat this step for each Folder you have in Outlook.
- 1. Open CompanionLink, click Settings on the left, then select Google on the right.
- 2. Click settings under Google on the right.
- 3. Click Selected Calendars (Your new Google Calendars should now be visible)
- 4. For this settings page, select ONLY the calendars in Google you want to associated with Calendars in Outlook. Click Ok once selected.
- 5. On the left select Outlook.
- 6. Click Advanced Settings in the bottom left
- 7. Find the Outlook Folders tab at the top.
- 8. Under Calendar Folder, select only the Main Calendar in Outlook. Click Ok at the bottom.
Configuring Category Manager
Now that we have the main sync setup, we can use the Category Manager feature in CompanionLink Professional.
CompanionLink keeps the data from your folders separated on the device by using categories. The folder names on your PC will match the Calendar names in google.
- 1. Click the Category Manager button.
- 2. Select the conduit you wish to modify (contacts, calendar, etc.), then select the Create New Category button. Label this category however you wish it to appear on the device (it is common to name these the same as your folders\the Google Calendars you created).
- Be careful when creating a category that you do not give it same name as an existing Outlook category, as this will cause trouble down the road. You will see your custom category listed under the conduit you've selected.
- 4. Once the new Category is created, click it to highlight it and select Application Settings on the right.
- When prompted to Create Special Category settings for your new category, click Yes.
- 5. Under the Applications tab that opens, click the drop down and select Microsoft Outlook.
- 6. With Outlook selected you will be given a choice of Outlook folders to sync with. Select the Outlook folder that matches the category you've just created, then hit OK.
- If you have multiple Outlook profiles you will need to first ensure the correct Outlook Profile is selected, then click the Outlook Folders tab at the top.
- 7. You should now be back at the Category Manager window. Tap Create New Category to create your second category, then follow the above steps for each additional Outlook folder you wish to sync with.
- Once you've set up two or more categories, it should look something like the example on the right.
- 8. Hit OK. You're now ready to sync!
- If you want to create a new record from your device, just make sure to apply the category that matches the Outlook folder you want them to appear in, and they will sync back to the correct folder in Outlook.