How to Use Microsoft Office 365 without a Subscription
Follow these steps to use Microsoft Office 2016 on your PC without online services or paying for a subscription.
- Change your Online data to Offline Data.
- Use a non Office 365 Email.
- Obtain a standalone license of Microsoft Office.
- Cancel your subscription.
- For Contact, Calendar, Tasks and Notes Sync, use DejaOffice
You can save money and headaches by using Microsoft Office without a subscription. Follow these detailed steps to make the change.
#1 How to change your Online Data to Offline Data
Copy each Outlook 365 folder containing the data you want to move using the steps below:
- In your Outlook Calendar list, right click on the calendar folder you want to move offline
- Select "Copy Calendar"
- Select your offline datafile > Press Ok
- The calendar data will now be copied into the new offline datafile
- Repeat these steps for contacts, tasks, notes, email.
Alternate Outlook BackUp Steps How to Back Up Outlook
#2 Use non Office 365 Email
Switch to an email provider that is not microsoft
- Corporate Email - Switch Outlook and the Phone to use Exchange, IMAP or Pop 3 accounts.
- Gmail - Set up your email to use Gmail directly.
- Your Internet provider also provides standard email services.
- Your domain provider may need to change MX records.
#3 Obtain Office License
- Microsoft sells Outlook 2016 as a standalone:
- Outlook 2016 $129.95
- Microsoft sells the following Office Packages:
- Office Home & Business 2016 $229.99 Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- Office Professional 2016 $399.99 Outlook, Publisher, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- NOTE: Other 3rd party software sites may sell Office Suites at a discount
#4 Cancel your Office 365 Subscription
- Sign in to the https://account.microsoft.com/services page with the Microsoft account associated with your subscription.
- Look for the Cancel link or Expires on date.
- A. If you see a Cancel link under the subscription name, select Cancel.
- B. If you don't see an option to cancel, automatic renewal might be disabled. Your subscription will end on the Expires on date.
- NOTE: After your subscription is canceled, Office may run in View Only or reduced functionality mode until you enter your new standalone Office key. In View Only mode, you'll still be able to open and print documents, however you won’t be able to edit them or create new ones.