How to Back Up Outlook
From CompanionLink Support
Back up your Outlook datafile
- Open Outlook > Select “File” > Select “Open & Export” > Select “Import/Export”
- Select “Export to a file” > Click Next
- Select your Data File (Select the top level datafile folder to backup - Make sure “Include subfolders” is checked. This will backup the entire datafile, including emails)
- Click Next
- Name and save the pst file to a location of your choosing > Click Finish
Restore your Outlook Data
- Open Outlook > File > Info > Account Settings
- Select the "Data Files" tab > Select "Add" > Select "Outlook data file (.pst) > Name and save the file
- Open Outlook > File > Open & Export > Import/Export
- Select "Import from another program or file" > Select "Outlook Data File (.pst)"
- Browse and select the .pst file > Select "Next"
- Under "Import items into the same folder in" select the pst file > Select Finish