How to Use Google Calendar Offline Mode on your PC Desktop
Using Google's Offline Calendar Mode
Google has introduced the option to access your Google Calendar with no internet connection. When in Offline Mode your Google calendar and is not Live.
- Open Google Calendar via a Web Browser
- In the top right, select the Gear icon, and then Settings.
- On the left, under “General,” click Offline and then Turn on offline calendar.
- Click Reload now.
In the top right of your calendar, an icon shows your Calendar is syncing for offline use. When the sync is complete, your calendar’s status shows Ready for offline. When you’re offline, your calendar’s status shows as Offline .
For more information Click Here for Google's Guide on using Offline Mode.
Using Google's Calendar Offline via Sync with DejaOffice PC CRM for Google
Using DejaOffice PC CRM for Google you can setup a Sync to a local PC database. You can add\edit\delete records and when the internet comes back up, those changes will be synced to the Google Calendar.
- Click Here to install the latest DejaOffice PC CRM for Google.
- Open DPC after installing, follow the Setup Wizard and choose Google in the Data Source drop down.
- Select Settings under Google, in the popup that appears, enter your email address. Please include the full Google email address. Click Next.
- Enter enter your Gmail password. Click Next.
- Click the "Allow Access" button in the bottom right to finalize the Google Login and click Ok.
- Complete the Setup Wizard and choose "Yes" to the "Sync Now?" prompt.
- Note: If you use Google's 2-Step verification process you may need to use a different password. For more information about this please visit: Google 2-Step Verification Information
When the initial sync completes there will be a local copy of your Google Contacts, Calendar and Tasks stored on the PC. You can access the data in the PC CRM even without any internet connection.
Use Google Calendar Offline via Sync with Outlook
You can use CompanionLink to sync your Google Calendar to a local install of Outlook. You can add\edit\delete records in Outlook and when the internet comes back up, those changes will be synced to the Google Calendar.
- Click Here to install the latest CompanionLink for Google.
- Once CompanionLink for Google has been installed, open the program and select Settings on the left.
- A Google sign-in page will appear. In this box please enter your email address and click Next.
- In this box please enter your Gmail password and click Sign In.
- Click the Allow Access button in the bottom right to finalize the Google Login.
- Click Ok in the bottom right and press the Sync button to start the synchronization.
- Note: If you use Google's 2-Step verification process you may need to use a different password or enter a code Google will send to your phone. For more information about this please visit: Google 2-Step Verification Information
For more settings using CompanionLink for Google, please check our Advanced Google Settings guide here.