How To Set Up Palm Desktop On Windows 10 and Windows 11
How to Install Palm Desktop 6.2
- Download Palm Desktop 6.2
- Run the installer. Select Complete Install.
- After installation, Synchronization Setup will launch.
- Enter a name for your Device.
- Select Palm Desktop as your Sync Service.
- Exit the Installer.
- Right click on the Palm Desktop icon, click Properties then in the Compatibility tab check "Run this program as an Administrator" then click Ok to allow it to write registry settings.
How to Remove Hotsync from the Startup Folder in Windows
To stop Hotsync from starting every time you reboot:
- Right Click the Window's Start button > Select "Task Manager"
- Select the "Startup" Tab
- Highlight "HotSync"
- Select "Disable"
If you have Palm Desktop files on another computer this guide will help you move it: How to migrate Palm Desktop from Windows XP to Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
CompanionLink for Palm Desktop lets you easily sync your Palm Desktop to your Android and iPhone
Click here for an easy way to Sync Palm Desktop to Android and iPhone
Install Palm Desktop 4
- Download Palm Desktop
- Run the installer. Choose Complete install.
- After installation, the Synchronization Setup will automatically launch.
- Enter a name for your Device
- If it asks you to choose between Microsoft Outlook or Palm Desktop, select Palm Desktop.
- Exit the Installer and Palm Desktop.
In Vista and later versions of Windows, the protected Program Files folder prohibits CompanionLink from accessing Palm Desktop 4's data in its default location, so the data directory must be changed before syncing with CompanionLink.
Relocating Palm Desktop 4 Data files
- Right Click Palm Desktop 4's icon > Select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Check "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click Apply and close
- Open Palm Desktop 4
- Select Tools > Options
- Change the "Data Directory" to a new folder outside of "Program Files" (ie. C:\Palm Desktop)
Replace Palm Desktop with DejaOffice for PC
- Easily Migrate all your Palm Desktop files
- Runs on Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11
- Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes (MemoPad)
- Private Records, Masked Records, Encrypt Database.
- Print Day, Month, Contact list, Task List
- Easy and automatic file backups.
- 14-Day Free Trial
Click for Details: Replace Palm Desktop with DejaOffice PC CRM