CompanionLink for Google - Outlook to Google Sync Setup Guide
Install CompanionLink for Google
CompanionLink for Google is streamlined for easy setup and sync with Google. While the Google is not as robust as a sync with our DejaOffice app, you still get great features like:
- 1. Automated Syncing - Google is a server based sync which means your PC and phone do not have to be near each other, this allows for a smooth Auto Sync.
- 2. Outlook Categories to Google Colors - While Google does not offer categories like Outlook, you can have your category colors sync to Google events for that true Outlook feel.
- 3. Direct Native Contacts\Calendar Sync - Google and most every smartphone already sync, after we link Outlook and the Google account, as long as it is connected to the Accounts of your mobile device, the data will populate directly into your device's Contacts and Calendar app.
- 4. Google Parent and Sub-Tasks - With the introduction of the new Google Tasks app on mobile devices, you can now create Parent and Sub-Tasks. CompanionLink already supports this new Google Task feature.
To install CompanionLink for Google click Here.
Configuring CompanionLink for Google
- 1. Once CompanionLink for Google has been installed, open the program and select Settings on the left.
- 2. A Google sign-in page will appear. In this box please enter your email address and click Next.
- Be sure to enter the full Google email address.
- 3. In this box please enter your Gmail password and click Sign In.
- Please note if you use Google's 2-Step verification process you may need to use a different password or enter a code Google will send to your phone. For more information about this please visit: Google 2-Step Verification Information
- 4. Click the Allow Access button in the bottom right to finalize the Google Login.
- 5. Click Ok in the bottom right and press the Sync button to start the synchronization.
For more settings using CompanionLink for Google, please check our Advanced Google Settings guide here.
Using Tasks in the Google Calendar
Google's updated Task system allows you to quickly add tasks to the Google either via the Web Calendar or directly from your Google Email page. By default Google Calendar sets the Tasks to a Reminder calendar. To manage Tasks in the Google Calendar you will need to change the Reminder Calendar to the Tasks Calendar.
- 1. Sign into your Google calendar here.
- 2. On the left, place your mouse over the Reminders calendar and click the three dots.
- 3. Select the Switch to Tasks option.
- Google has just released a new Tasks app. CompanionLink for Google can populate this directly from your Outlook Tasks.
Using Modern Colors with Google Calendar
Google recently made a change to their colors list. To allow for color categories in Outlook to sync to Google event colors, enable the "Modern Colors" option in CompanionLink.
- 1. Open CompanionLink.
- 2. Click Settings on the left.
- 3. At the bottom of the page put a check in "Modern Colors"
To have our skilled technicians set-up your sync for you, check out our RunStart or Premium Support options.
If you still have questions or issues, please contact our support either via Email here or Phone at (503) 243-5200 (Monday - Friday 7 AM - 3:30 PM PT).