Unable to wipe BlackBerry address book
In some cases, when you attempt to wipe records on your BlackBerry using CompanionLink, a security policy on BlackBerry will prevent the sync from completing normally. This may also result in the CompanionLink error message "Unable to wipe BlackBerry address book".
To work around this problem, you must manually remove the records from BlackBerry prior to syncing. Use the appropriate set of instructions below to do this:
If you are using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.x:
- Open Blackberry Desktop Software and connect your Blackberry to the PC.
- In the Desktop Manager click the Device Menu at the top and choose Delete Data.
- Select the option to delete selected data.
- Check Address Book, Address Book-All, Calendar, Calendar-All, Tasks, and Memos
- Click Delete at the bottom.
If you are using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.x - 5.x:
- Open Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Blackberry to the PC.
- In the Desktop Manager, click Backup and Restore.
- Click Advanced The next screen will show you all of the databases on your Blackberry.
- Select Address Book from the list and click the Clear button at the bottom of the window.
- Repeat these steps for Address Book-All, Calendar, Calendar-All, Tasks, and Memos
Alternatively, you can clear data using the BlackBerry OS:
- On your Blackberry, open the Address Book.
- Press the Blackberry menu button (Blackberry logo button) and select Options.
- On the Blackberry keyboard type "RSET". You will not see these letters being typed on the screen.
- You will see a box that says 'Wireless sync is not enabled, wipe contact list anyway?'. Answer Yes.
- Repeat these steps for your Blackberry calendar and tasks.
NOTE: After you have cleared the BlackBerry address book, you should be able to successfully complete the synchronization.