Sync one PC to another via DejaCloud
CompanionLink offers a remote configuration service where we will set up everything for you called RunStart. CompanionLink also provides direct help from our expert technicians through Premium Support.
Before you start please make sure the secondary PC does not have any similar data on it, this will cause duplication. The best practice would be to start with a completely empty database on the second PC.
Configuring CompanionLink 6 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu and click Settings.
- Select your contact manager from the Select your PC or web database drop down in the From section.
- Select No device sync via DejaCloud in the Select your device... drop down in the With section.
- Click Settings in the With section and enter your DejaCloud account information.
Configuring CompanionLink 5 on your PC
- Run CompanionLink Setup from your desktop or start menu.
- Select No device sync via DejaCloud from the first drop-down (Select the device you want to sync with...).
- Select your contact manager from the third drop-down (Select your PC or web database...).
- Click gear icon next to Sync via DejaCloud(Recommended) and enter your DejaCloud account information.
Database Configuration Guides
- Configuration instructions for Microsoft Outlook.
- Configuration instructions for ACT!, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop, and all other databases.
- Configuring Advanced Settings allows you to set field mapping, configure database folders, and much more.
How to sync
- First sync the main PC to DejaCloud by clicking Sync.
- After the first sync completes click Sync on the second PC.