Switch from Act! Outlook Sync to CompanionLink Sync to Outlook for Contacts and Calendar
First, you will want to disable any additional syncs set up between ACT! and Outlook.
To disable the ACT! Outlook sync, complete the following:
- Open ACT!
- Select Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences
- Under the "Synchronize Calendar" tab and the "Select a calendar synchronization method" drop down menu, select "Do not synchronize.
- Under the "Synchronize Contacts" tab and the "Select a contact synchronization method" drop down menu, select "Do not synchronize.
- Click OK
Setting up CompanionLink on your PC
- ACT! synchronization requires CompanionLink Express or CompanionLink Professional.
- Run CompanionLink Setup.
- Select "ACT! 2005 through v21" on the left. Click on the Settings under ACT! to set your Act! Settings.
- Verify your correct ACT database is selected. Enter your ACT username and password.
- Select the Applications tab and choose which options you wish to sync and click Ok to save your settings.
- Select "Microsoft Outlook" on the right. lick on the Settings under Microsoft Outlook to select the Outlook Folders you want to sync with.
- To synchronize your data click the CompanionLink Sync icon and you should see the sync process start.
If you need additional help, CompanionLink offers more advanced support solutions.
Also available is Premium Support. This gives you 5 premium support tickets for a year of service. For more information or to order Premium Support see this page. http://www.companionlink.com/premium/