Setup Guide - Sync with HubSpot
Setup CompanionLink Express/Pro on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink Express or Professional if you have not already done so. Click Here to Download CompanionLink.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select your contact manager from left drop-down option (Select your PC or Web Database).
- Choose "HubSpot" from the right drop-down option (Select your device you want to sync with).
- Select Settings under "HubSpot", and click the "Request New OAuth Token" button.
- Enter your HubSpot login and password in the window that opens, then Allow Access.
You can create Columns in HubSpot to match Outlook (such as Category and File As). Click Here for our guide on this.
Configuring Unassigned Events
HubSpot requires all Events and Tasks to to liked to a Contact. In Outlook and other similar CRM, new records do not have a direct contact link. For these records CompanionLink can create a new "Unassigned" contact in HubSpot to add these records to. To enable this:
- Open CompanionLink, select Settings on the left then Settings under HubSpot.
- Enable the "Add Unassigned Events/Tasks to HubSpot.
If your CRM supports linked contacts on events and task (DejaOffice PC CRM, Act!, GoldMine, etc) new records added in that CRM will be synced to the correct contact in HubSpot.
Configure your contact manager settings if applicable. How to configure your contact manager.