Setup Guide - Sync with BlackBerry Playbook
As of March 2012, CompanionLink supports syncing with BlackBerry® Playbook 2.0 via Google.
If this is your first time using CompanionLink, we recommend you take a minute and review our Sync 101 page. It contains helpful information about how to prepare a proper sync environment to minimize potential problems.
Before proceeding, please make a backup of your database.
Setup CompanionLink on your PC (Full Instructions)
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. CompanionLink Downloads
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Choose Google from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Click the Google Settings button, enter your Google username and password, then click OK.
- Select your contact manager from second drop-down option (Select your Contact Manager).
- Click the Contact Manager Settings button (e.g. Outlook Settings, Lotus Notes Settings...).
- Select the database you wish to synchronize with (if applicable). How to configure your contact manager.
- OPTIONAL: Configure advanced settings.
Enable Google Sync on your BlackBerry® Playbook
- On your Playbook, tap the gear icon in the upper right to open Settings.
- Tap on Accounts.
- Tap Add New Account.
- Choose Email, Calendar and Contacts.
- Enter your Google email address and your Google password, then hit Continue.
- Make sure that Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar are on, then hit Save.
How to sync
Synchronization between your PC and Google can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
Click the Auto-Sync button to configure hands-free automatic sync.