Setup Guide - Sync Windows Mobile via USB
- 1 Starting Out
- 1.1 Installing the Software
- 1.2 Configuring your Sync
- 1.3 Performing a Sync
In order to sync with a USB connection you will need to:
1. Install CompanionLink on your PC
Installing the Software
For help finding the version of CompanionLink that is right for you click here
CompanionLink is registered from within the software and requires an internet connect in order to verify your license. For more information click Here
Configuring your Sync
Back up your Data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
Configuring Windows Mobile Device Center
- Ensure that CompanionLink is Closed
- Open Windows Mobile Device Center
- Go to Mobile Device Settings -> End a partnership
- Select each partnership and click 'End Partnership' until none are remaining. Click Back.
- Connect the handheld.
- Select 'Set up your device'.
- Select 'Yes, I want to synchronize with only this one computer' and click Next.
- Uncheck all options at the 'What kinds of items do you want to sync?' screen. No boxes should be checked.
- Click Next.
- Create a name for the partnership, or leave it at the default. Take note of this name.
- Click Setup.
- Once Windows Mobile Device Center says 'Connected', disconnect the handheld.
Configuring your CompanionLink Setup
NOTE: Be sure your Windows Mobile device is not connected to your PC when you configure or open the CompanionLink Setup application.
1. In the first dropdown please select Windows Mobile
2. In the second dropdown please select your Contact Manager
Configuring your Contact Manager Settings
Configuring Other CompanionLink Settings
How to Sync
- Make sure that CompanionLink is not open
- Connect your Device to the PC
- Your Device should start syncing automatically
Performing a Sync
Open the Microsoft Mobile Device Center and connect your handheld.