Setup Guide - Sync Outlook with Windows Phone 8 (via Direct USB)
Works with Windows Phone 8 and 8.1
USB sync is not supported on Windows 10 Mobile
To sync via Direct USB, you need DejaOffice for Windows Phone 8. You can download the application here: Windows Phone Store
Before proceeding, please make a backup of your database.
Setup DejaOffice on your Windows Phone 8 device
- Install DejaOffice from the Windows Phone Store
- Open DejaOffice, then tap "Settings", then "Sync Settings" and choose "Sync Method". Choose Direct USB as the sync method.
- Optional: Configure DejaOffice to sync with the native Windows Phone 8 People app.
Set up CompanionLink on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Window Phone 8 from the first drop-down option (Select the device you want to sync with...).
- Select "Direct USB sync" from second drop-down option (2. Select your sync method...).
- Select Outlook from third drop-down option (3.Select your PC or web database...).
- OPTIONAL: Configure Advanced Settings for Outlook.
How to sync (Full Instructions)
- Start by making sure that your USB cord is NOT connected with the Windows Phone 8 device.
- Ensure CompanionLink is open on your PC. Do not connect anything at this point.
- Open DejaOffice from your Windows Phone 8 device, and tap "Sync".
- Connect your Windows Phone 8 device to your computer with the USB cable when prompted by DejaOffice.
- After CompanionLink is done processing you will see processing on the Windows 8 phone. Once DejaOffice is done syncing it will say "Synchronization Complete". Press "Ok".
- Press "Ok" on CompanionLink. The sync process is now complete.
Database Configuration Guides
Please Note: Direct USB synchronization is not supported for Windows 8 tablets like the Surface RT and Surface Pro. Direct USB synchronization is not supported for Windows Phone 7 devices.