Setup Guide - Sync HubSpot with Outlook
The following guide will run through the setup steps for a sync between Outlook and HubSpot.
Setup CompanionLink Express/Pro on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink Express or Professional if you have not already done so. Click Here to Download CompanionLink.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Outlook from left drop-down option (Select your PC or Web Database).
- Choose "HubSpot" from the right drop-down option (Select your device you want to sync with).
- Select Settings under "HubSpot", and click the "Request New OAuth Token" button.
- Enter your HubSpot login and password in the window that opens, then Allow Access.
Configuring Unassigned Events
HubSpot requires all Events and Tasks to to liked to a Contact. In Outlook new records do not have a direct contact link. For these records CompanionLink can create a new "Unassigned" contact in HubSpot to add these records to. To enable this:
- Open CompanionLink, select Settings on the left then Settings under HubSpot.
- Enable the "Add Unassigned Events/Tasks to HubSpot.
If your CRM supports linked contacts on events and task (DejaOffice PC CRM, Act!, GoldMine, etc) new records added in that CRM will be synced to the correct contact in HubSpot.
Specify Your Folders in Outlook
In Outlook if you use Multiple Contacts/Calendar lists you can specify which folder CompanionLink syncs with.
- Open CompanionLink
- Click Settings on the left
- Click Advanced in the bottom left
- Click the Outlook Folders tab at the top.
- Check the drop down for each data type and select the folder you want to use for Sync.
After changing the Outlook Folders, if you have already synced once with the device, you will want to preform a Wipe Sync after changing the folders. Otherwise it could mix the incorrect information with the correct information.
Adding Columns to HubSpot Contacts to Sync with Outlook Fields
To add a column to HubSpot Contacts:
- Open HubSpot via your Browser and select Contacts.
- Select the "Edit Columns" option on the right of the Contacts List.
- Select the "Create a Property" option at the bottom of the Current Columns List.
- Choose Contact for the Object Type and Select Contact Information for the Group.
- For the Label you can set anything here and then later Map this field in the CompanionLink Field Mapping, but if you use one of the Existing Outlook Fields that do not already exist in HubSpot these fields will sync automatically on the next sync. See Below for the list of these fields.
- Select Next, then select the Field tope of Single-Line Text. Click Next again then select Create.
Here are the fields that will Map to HubSpot from Outlook once you set the corresponding label:
- Category - This will map the Outlook Category Field to the HubSpot Column if you set the Label to Category in Step 5.
- File As - This will map the Outlook Category Field to the HubSpot Column if you set the Label to File As in Step 5.